Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Official SEC Football Thread 2011 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48587)

rizzle 04-20-2012 12:36 PM

Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Nice. :tu

Powers 05-28-2012 01:20 PM

:r

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...nosHogShop.jpg

Powers 05-31-2012 12:47 PM

War Eagle?

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...381b3d7a_7.jpg

OLS 06-01-2012 02:13 PM

Don't be laughin at 80s hair, that is illegal, since most of us around here had some.
You kids with your youth and your book lernins' you think you are so supereari-or.

OLS 06-14-2012 07:51 AM

Psych..........to the top.

Powers 06-18-2012 09:21 AM

Best wedding cake EVER. Can't wait for some SEC football

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...eadugacake.jpg

OLS 06-22-2012 07:49 AM

WOW

hammondc 06-25-2012 07:43 PM

Too early for a 2012 SEC thread?

smitty81 06-25-2012 08:19 PM

I'll be rootin for A&M

Powers 06-26-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammondc (Post 1666457)
Too early for a 2012 SEC thread?

I wait until after the AP Preseason polls come out, which will be around August 18th this year

OLS 06-29-2012 06:37 PM

To the top, lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/uga-tai...21--ncaaf.html

OLS 07-03-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powers (Post 1667071)
I wait until after the AP Preseason polls come out, which will be around August 18th this year

Then he'll LIE about how good UF is gonna be, spend a few weeks lying and then he will be struck by
the ugly dong of reality again this year. Of course I kid about all that. UF is great. At least they ain't UT
Oh but for one less little piece of a letter they might be. This is going to be the year we get our first
real taste of conference realignment and ship-jumping and what all that means to the greatest football
conference on the planet....I am looking forward to it with special relish, as I am boycotting the NFL this year.
So Saturdays are going to mean a little more to me this year. I guess that means I'll be doubly obnioxious.....sorry.

Powers 07-03-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1672488)
Then he'll LIE about how good UF is gonna be, spend a few weeks lying and then he will be struck by
the ugly dong of reality again this year. Of course I kid about all that. UF is great. At least they ain't UT
Oh but for one less little piece of a letter they might be. This is going to be the year we get our first
real taste of conference realignment and ship-jumping and what all that means to the greatest football
conference on the planet....I am looking forward to it with special relish, as I am boycotting the NFL this year.
So Saturdays are going to mean a little more to me this year. I guess that means I'll be doubly obnioxious.....sorry.

There is no lying involved in faith and bravado :D

PS - "ugly dong of reality" is my favorite metaphor of the day :r

OLS 07-05-2012 12:32 PM

Can't wait, dude......FL is gonna be up and coming, LSU might have at least one decent QB, Bama is going
to THINK they are reloading but end up a lil short. Hell even the VOLS might do something. I'd be lying if
I said I wasn't pumped to see everyone match up with the new kids on the block. For decades, A&M
and MIZZOU were UNWATCHABLE to me, now they might actually be interesting. And then we have the
new put up or shut up bowl (TM) coming soon, and we're also heading for a 4 team playoff. The NFL
can still kiss my entire a55 this year and it won't even matter. Even this thread, I can totally wait for the
2012 thread as long as I have the 2011 thread, haha.

Stephen 07-05-2012 01:11 PM

I admit I got a bit of a chuckle when I saw this shirt, although it should've ended with, "Roll Damn Tide"

http://friendsoftheprogram.net/wp-co...1/rtrshirt.jpg

Powers 07-05-2012 01:51 PM

^^^ That's a hilarious shirt

longknocker 07-05-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1673700)
I admit I got a bit of a chuckle when I saw this shirt, although it should've ended with, "Roll Damn Tide"

http://friendsoftheprogram.net/wp-co...1/rtrshirt.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powers (Post 1673723)
^^^ That's a hilarious shirt

You Know I Liked It!:D:banger

E.J. 07-11-2012 05:37 PM

Good read....

http://www.statefansnation.com/index...restmust-read/

OLS 07-12-2012 02:25 PM

I am going to be the first a55hole to say it, but any mention of those trees should be banned by court order.
It takes an awful lot of balls to write that on anything. I hate Alabama as much as the next guy, but when it
comes to the most embarrassing thing ever done in the name of FREAKING FOOTBALL, (outside of tripping over
a podium and shattering a $30k football) there are some things that should just be understood as taboo.

But like our Capstone folks here like to say "Who cares what you think, loudmouth."
-------------------
Lets drown some kittens after the game Saterdy. sheesh. (startin early this year, haha, sorry)

OLS 07-12-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.J. (Post 1677815)
Good read....

WOW, that IS a good read. I think it's funny that in the age of $hi++er and Bookface, all these kids
have the (DIS?)advantage of all this instant ability to say tings that everyone who cares can hear,
but not to understand that it's only in their tiny little circle of yes-men that it seems like he is getting
'disrespected" and DIS-enfranchised and al the other Dis- words that they like to go on and on about.

I can tell you one thing, the stands will be PACKED in Athens when it is time to play ball, but if that
punk thinks he is gonna take the field and NOT be booed, he might as well go home now and start
his downfall early. It may be just a few plays worth of boos, but UGA fans don't have a nut
between em if they don't light him up for a MINIMUM of one game.

Jefft72 07-12-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty81 (Post 1666491)
I'll be rootin for A&M

:tu Gig`Em.

I am hoping that my Ags can show some fight and not get too torn up this year. I am not a fan of the move to the SEC, but it is an exciting time to be a fan. New AD, new coach, and new conference.

OLS 07-12-2012 04:45 PM

Jeff, do you have reasons you would share about why the move is not good for you?
I am excited about the expansion and the hand grenade it throws into the leagues and
what is coming with the Big 12, etc. I am more excited about the Aggies than the Tigers,
but I will learn to love em like I do Vandy. I agree it's a great time to be a fan, SEC or AGgie

Jefft72 07-16-2012 07:51 AM

The move itself is interesting and really shakes things up. I am excited about the new rivalries that form and especially seeing how the new playoff system works out in a couple of years. The only real downside to the move is that we are leaving some long standing rivalries and traditions in the Big12.

I do believe that the move is great for the school from both national exposure and financial aspects, which who can argue with either of those. We will form new rivalries and new traditions. I am all in, and I am ready for football season to start.

OLS 07-16-2012 05:45 PM

I guess I forgot about that part. When I was a kid I never thought for a minute that LSU would ever NOT play Tulane
in a football year. Unthinkable. Today it's not only THINKable, it's almost forgotten that they ever played. But you
actually stand to win as a fan. Those games just became extremely important to those 'left behind'. For every one
that gets played going forward, you should see extra fervor, money, publicity and meaning. Choosing non-
conference is now a LOT harder, too. You want to keep old traditions alive, but playing someone too tough hurts
you when you already play 8 tough SEC games. It takes some getting used to. I like the way LSU was doing it
for many years, taking on tough Non-conference opponents to polish their possible credentials should they be
in the hunt at the end of the season. THIS YEAR it does not look like they have scheduled anyone that tough
out of conference. Shame, since it looks like they "COULD - GO - ALL - THE - WAY... :)

OLS 07-16-2012 05:50 PM

Lord, Michael, I just checked the schedule to find out who our ONE 'tough' out of conference opponent was
(Washington) and I saw that we have to go into the swamp this year....I call it a dangerous toss-up. Talk
about a season-wrecker for LSU and a season cementer for the Gators depending on how it goes.

longknocker 07-16-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1681235)
I guess I forgot about that part. When I was a kid I never thought for a minute that LSU would ever NOT play Tulane
in a football year. Unthinkable. Today it's not only THINKable, it's almost forgotten that they ever played. But you
actually stand to win as a fan. Those games just became extremely important to those 'left behind'. For every one
that gets played going forward, you should see extra fervor, money, publicity and meaning. Choosing non-
conference is now a LOT harder, too. You want to keep old traditions alive, but playing someone too tough hurts
you when you already play 8 tough SEC games. It takes some getting used to. I like the way LSU was doing it
for many years, taking on tough Non-conference opponents to polish their possible credentials should they be
in the hunt at the end of the season. THIS YEAR it does not look like they have scheduled anyone that tough
out of conference. Shame, since it looks like they "COULD - GO - ALL - THE - WAY... :)

Didn't You Think That Last Year, Brad? :D;s

OLS 07-17-2012 08:09 AM

You need to learn to delete quoted portions, Greg, lol...Do you mean did I think they could go all the way last year?
Of course I did. And they WOULD have, too, if somehow Bama had not been allowed to lose their division,
conference and head to head matchup and still end up in the CG....But I just say that for stats. You know how
I feel about them being in that game. I didn't like it, but I knew it was the only fair matchup. Then of course
it was made clear that they were the better team on that night. So yeah, I did say that last year. It's like Mike
says, its all part of being a fan and having expectations. Or I think he said Faith and Bravado...

Powers 07-17-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1681237)
Lord, Michael, I just checked the schedule to find out who our ONE 'tough' out of conference opponent was
(Washington) and I saw that we have to go into the swamp this year....I call it a dangerous toss-up. Talk
about a season-wrecker for LSU and a season cementer for the Gators depending on how it goes.

I agree with ya on that one, it'll be an interesting game. Muschamp needs a couple big wins this year to stay outta the hot seat next year, he needs to beat at least one and hopefully at least two of our matchups with LSU, FSU & UGA

longknocker 07-17-2012 04:19 PM

I'm Too Old For "Hi Tech", Brad!:r Looks Like LSU Is In The Driver's Seat Pre- Season. Is Your New Quarterback As Good As They Say?

OLS 07-19-2012 07:31 PM

He must be good enough to drive that other prospect to Notre Dame....wasn't it Notre Dame?? Gunner Kiel??
I know that few people follow the ins and outs of LSU football. I think we have two hot shots instead of one
idiot and one imperfect winner.

The team I am worried about is FLA after SEC Media Days. How did Muschamp's comment about hoping
to have a QB by the opener go over in FL? Scared me and I am not a fan, lol. One thing I DO KNOW Greg is that
the LSU coaches have proven several times they can take great talent and lose with it, so we'll see. But as you
know, I am boycotting the NFL, so LSU IS my football in 2012, so its on, babay. But any QB is better than what we
strapped ourselves to last year.

OLS 07-19-2012 07:54 PM

Add to that all the boy has to do is be competent, capable of throwing a decent forward pass, and check out
of trouble and I think it's at LEAST a step UP. With the talent LSU has this year, that's all we need, right?

longknocker 07-20-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1683815)
Add to that all the boy has to do is be competent, capable of throwing a decent forward pass, and check out
of trouble and I think it's at LEAST a step UP. With the talent LSU has this year, that's all we need, right?

I Think The Game On 11/03/12 In Baton Rouge Should Be "Very Interesting" To Both Of Us, Brother!:D

OLS 08-01-2012 04:28 PM

Yes Greg, I look forward to saying completely irrational things for 3 months straight,
but mostly I look forward to topping this thread to show off my new avatar.
Only football makes me care enough to have a killer season-avatar...seems like any
other time it's best for the new kids if we keep the same avatar so they'll know who
the hell is who. But during SEC time, it's time to hope and compel and root and boast
and enjoy. And I have Stephen on my ignore list, lol......................hater. :D

longknocker 08-02-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1692369)
Yes Greg, I look forward to saying completely irrational things for 3 months straight,
but mostly I look forward to topping this thread to show off my new avatar.
Only football makes me care enough to have a killer season-avatar...seems like any
other time it's best for the new kids if we keep the same avatar so they'll know who
the hell is who. But during SEC time, it's time to hope and compel and root and boast
and enjoy. And I have Stephen on my ignore list, lol......................hater. :D

:):banger Brad: My Best Friends Are Tennessee, Auburn, & LSU Fans, So I'm "Used" To It! Bring It On, Brother!:D

hammondc 08-02-2012 01:29 PM

Let's go Gamecocks!!!!

OLS 08-03-2012 09:29 AM

We get to see what Spurrier's got now. He's gonna write his legacy with this squad.

Powers 08-03-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1693525)
We get to see what Spurrier's got now. He's gonna write his legacy with this squad.

Not so fast my friend.

His legacy is already written. He's a championship coach who changed the SEC and thus college football forever with his offensive style. AKA his legacy is firmly established as the coach who made his alma mater a 5 star program and a national powerhouse. Secondly, as he's said countless times, he'll always be a Florida Gator first.

Remember, I'm graduating from Clemson for my MA within a week and have gotten into countless verbal altercations that nearly ended up in bar-fights defending Spurrier.

I believe you are getting at what his legacy will be at South Carolina :D

rizzle 08-10-2012 12:44 PM

Bwahahaha

jjirons69 08-10-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzle (Post 1697550)
Bwahahaha

One less Honey Badger makes me laugh, too, Ritchie!

SvilleKid 08-10-2012 04:46 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/sp...?smid=fb-share

Drugs again, maybe??

OLS 08-13-2012 06:36 AM

Somehow I knew that SvilleKid would have an opinion on that story. I am sure there is no doubt it was drugs.
All we are getting now is "inside sources report..." My sister and I gave him a pass last year, kids are kids,
especially high profile ones. No matter how hard anyone wants to make the boy into a man to help their own
theories along, he is just a kid, and kids are prone to and bound to make mistakes. But this was without a doubt
the most bonehead move any kid could make at this point. I have pulled my support for him. These are likely
just the two instances we KNOW about. I am sure that there was no end of trouble with him for two years.
The fact that he's only considering Div 2A and community colleges means there is no way he is going to play
major college football again. He had a SMALL chance at making good money in the NFL at one time. Hell he was
close to being the Heisman Trophy winner. But now he has likely removed any chance that a kid that small can
make it in the league....baggage, and limited, though arguably very specialized skills. Too bad for him. he might
still find a spot on some team somewhere in a limited role at low pay. Sad.

LSU won't have any trouble replacing him, though.

SvilleKid 08-13-2012 03:25 PM

When I look at my local news and at fox news for NCAA football on my I phone, I see a lot of reports on players/recruits on a multitude of teams getting kicked off, held out of practice for cause, and/or is being investigated by the NCAA. I figure ALL the schools are going to be super vigilant in the wake of the Penn State situation.

I can't blame Miles AT ALL for releasing the player (last I saw was Mile's statement that several failed drug tests were involved). At some point, he has to chose between the team and the individual player. I know any coach would hope his program will turn around bad behavior and help kids that may not have a good role model or motivation from other sources. But at some point, it becomes counter productive, especially if the player refuses to stop the behavior that is at the root of the issue.

On the bright side, only 19 more days to the Bama opener! RTR! And the Bama Auburn game has moved back to a Saturday game this year! Going to be a tough season against the SEC on the road.

OLS 08-14-2012 02:36 PM

Alabama is fielding a team this year? Awesome.

As a drug user, I don't think it is so bad that a kid likes to smoke a little weed.
But I find it perplexing and moronic that someone in a situation like that kid was
in would not put off the gratification for a few years to secure a future for himself
and that of his family. His success is NOT assured by any means, he is too small
and non-prototypical. But he had a good SHOT. I am thinking this is another kid
who fails to realize that there is no money/living in being a ex-college football star.
Absolutely none. No matter how quick, clever, tenacious or flamboyant you were.

Powers 08-17-2012 02:21 PM

Waiting on the AP to release their preseason rankings to start the new thread :tt

Seems to be later this year than normal

SvilleKid 08-17-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powers (Post 1701523)
Waiting on the AP to release their preseason rankings to start the new thread :tt

Seems to be later this year than normal

I thought I saw that somewhere already, with LSU ranked No. 1, Bama ranked No. 4. Seemed like there were 6 or 7 SEC teams in the top 20. Hell, maybe I just imagined it. Or it was some media outlet poll, not the AP. :confused: Could just be oldtimerz disease acting up again!

Powers 08-17-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvilleKid (Post 1701566)
I thought I saw that somewhere already, with LSU ranked No. 1, Bama ranked No. 4. Seemed like there were 6 or 7 SEC teams in the top 20. Hell, maybe I just imagined it. Or it was some media outlet poll, not the AP. :confused: Could just be oldtimerz disease acting up again!

That was the USA Today's Coachs' Poll. The AP poll is set to come out tmrw :tu

OLS 08-21-2012 11:34 AM

LSU seems to have dropped 3 spots without playing a game, haha.

Should be a fine season without that kid with the weed. Now if he wants to come over and watch the game,
I could craft a bong of sorts. :hm

Powers 08-21-2012 01:40 PM

The 2012 SEC Thread:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57609