Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My Pictures of Space (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72659)

Skywalker 02-24-2017 07:39 PM

Re: My Pictures of Space

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing:tu:tu

Footbag 02-25-2017 06:51 AM

Thanks again guys! Glad you enjoyed them!

Greentud 02-25-2017 01:01 PM

I noticed when I tapped on the first one a couple names appear for a couple of the nebula regions. NGC 2238 2237 and one other that is partially cut off. Pretty cool you were able to imbed them.

Footbag 02-25-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greentud (Post 2117610)
I noticed when I tapped on the first one a couple names appear for a couple of the nebula regions. NGC 2238 2237 and one other that is partially cut off. Pretty cool you were able to imbed them.

Actually the website I use to post them does that. I can do it using different softare. It's really nice for analyzing all objects in a widefield. There is so much up there!

Wharf Rat 02-25-2017 02:46 PM

I vote for a version of the CA banner with the gang staring into the cosmos!

RUNYYFan 02-25-2017 05:44 PM

Those are just gorgeous images! The skill... just wow! You are to be commended!

jjirons69 02-28-2017 09:04 PM

OMG, Adam! You touched a spark deep inside. I had a rough few years in the mid-90s and the only and best thing I had was the cosmos. I made a barn door contraption and with the help of a small circuit board and a few electronics I had my simple creation tracking the sky. I spent many a night with my star charts, 8" Orion Dobsonion, Canon AE1, tripod, barndoor, filters, and hyper film. Got many nice comet, constellations, Messier object, and eclipse pictures. Nothing NEAR what you have! My experience with it has lasted a lifetime internally and showed me I was but a speck in the big machine of our Universe. It was literally life changing for me. Those three pictures are more beautiful than any I can remember seeing in any books I've collected. You've done a great job and have fascinating work. I know of only a little of what you've gone through and done and you've nailed it, my friend! Impressed is such a small word. Andromeda is now my desktop background. Stunning!

jjirons69 02-28-2017 09:09 PM

The Fox Fur looks 3D.

http://www.astrobin.com/full/235677/D/

Footbag 03-01-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjirons69 (Post 2117892)
OMG, Adam! You touched a spark deep inside. I had a rough few years in the mid-90s and the only and best thing I had was the cosmos. I made a barn door contraption and with the help of a small circuit board and a few electronics I had my simple creation tracking the sky. I spent many a night with my star charts, 8" Orion Dobsonion, Canon AE1, tripod, barndoor, filters, and hyper film. Got many nice comet, constellations, Messier object, and eclipse pictures. Nothing NEAR what you have! My experience with it has lasted a lifetime internally and showed me I was but a speck in the big machine of our Universe. It was literally life changing for me. Those three pictures are more beautiful than any I can remember seeing in any books I've collected. You've done a great job and have fascinating work. I know of only a little of what you've gone through and done and you've nailed it, my friend! Impressed is such a small word. Andromeda is now my desktop background. Stunning!

Yup. Similar to how I started! Of course technology is making it easier. Basically I'm 97% automated for my data acquisition. So I open my roof, flip a few switches and click start. Processing is another story. The biggest issue is waiting for good weather.

Glad to hear you've done some AP yourself. It's an amazing hobby and I'm always surprised that I'll be chatting with a Astro Dr from VA one day and an Astronomer from NASA the next. It's just a very open and sharing community.

Enjoy the desktop!