Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Official SEC Football Thread 2012 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57609)

jjirons69 01-07-2013 03:08 PM

Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

I know! It's like growing up punishment - do you want your azz cut or do you want to be grounded - both suck, but I'll take the azz cutting.

jjirons69 01-07-2013 08:02 PM

Yikes - halftime is not looking good for my sheet.

oooo35980 01-07-2013 08:05 PM

I heard Notre Dame had a great defense, wonder why they didn't bring them to Miami with the rest of the team.

Also the ND coach seems to be a hell of a motivator, I don't know what's more inspirational "The team with the most mistakes will win." or "Maybe Alabama won't come back in the second half..."

longknocker 01-08-2013 04:12 AM

RTR!!!:D :banger :wnr All Of Notre Dames's Team Members & Coach Kelly Were Gracious In Defeat In The Post Game Coverage. Notre Dame Has A Great Team, But BAMA Was Obviously The Better Team Last Nite. I Also Liked Coach Kelly's Statement That They're Not At BAMA's Level, Yet, But They're Working Toward It.:tu

OLS 01-08-2013 05:58 AM

Congratulations to the Bama football team, and you too, Greg. I wanted nothing more than
a football game last night, let the best team win. Obviously I didn't watch the game live,
but I really wanted to wake up to a sports radio spectrum full of shocked DJs explaining how
bama could lose such a big game. Instead I got to hear how completely they won it all.
CAREFUL with the trophy this time, please. It was funny the first time, but...

longknocker 01-08-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1777810)
Congratulations to the Bama football team, and you too, Greg. I wanted nothing more than
a football game last night, let the best team win. Obviously I didn't watch the game live,
but I really wanted to wake up to a sports radio spectrum full of shocked DJs explaining how
bama could lose such a big game. Instead I got to hear how completely they won it all.
CAREFUL with the trophy this time, please. It was funny the first time, but...

Thanks, Brad!:D Who Actually Dropped The Trophy & Broke It?:confused:

longknocker 01-08-2013 04:24 PM

Found This Info On The Broken Trophy, But No Info On The Player's Father.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/17/...d-in-accident/

Bleez 01-11-2013 06:24 PM

Lacy, D Mill and Fluker all declared for the draft today (Bama)

rizzle 01-29-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzle (Post 1766636)
I love college football. And I especially love that a team who's offense sucks, who's defense is overrated, who's coach is a compulsive liar, and who's fans are toothless, inbred, rednecks, get to play for it all. Yes, Notre Dame, welcome back. :D

Just wanted to revisit this one...forgot to mention the great imagination part.

See y'all in August. :tu

OLS 01-30-2013 11:02 AM

The performance enhancing drugs report that came out involving Ray Lewis has now expanded to another high-profile football team, with the Alabama Crimson Tide being accused of receiving banned substances prior to the 2012 BCS Championship game against LSU.

I FUDGING KNEW IT, lol. Those bastards HAD to be on SOMETHING!
Not ONE SINGLE POINT?
:r

rizzle 01-31-2013 10:57 AM

I been rubbing this deer antler juice on my junk for years. Y'all should try it some time. :r

OLS 02-13-2013 01:35 PM

FINALLY....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/4-ala-f...18--ncaaf.html

Now I don't have to sit and listen to my buddy make these "STAIN ON THE SEC" and "character Run AMOK" points
and tell me that Bama doesn't sign THOSE kinds of players. I told him it was just a matter of time and
thank goodness it was. I feel bad for the kids that got bonked, but kids today are the same wherever you
go. Privileged athletes that get whisked through school and out of the principal's office because they can't
be treated like the regular kids that can't run a 4.3. EVERYONE recruits them, Cliff. And eventually, just like
I said, the lid is gonna come off at bama.

I am not gloating, just making the point that that's FOOTBALL, not Bama football or LSU football or
USC football. But before this story, I had to listen to Cliff tell me "don't give me 'I heards', gimme facts!"
There you go pal. :) OH, while I am sitting on my high horse, the way I hear the story, Bama took the funny
performance stuff before beating LSU at the Dome. And apparently LSU took em before beating the tide in
T-town. Now they were probably ALL taking them ALL the time, but I thought that was funny when I read it.

The Poet 02-13-2013 02:51 PM

So Brad, you are both confessing AND denying that SEC stands for "Steroid Eating Cheaters"? :r

;s , but that one was just too easy. :D

OLS 02-14-2013 08:16 AM

NO ONE in NCAA football cheats better than the SEC. But that's not at all what this
was about. The reason it "was too easy" is that it was so far wide of the mark. ;)

Nah, I am just saying it's nice to see the halo fall off once in a while.
I have been force-fed the 'bama can do no wrong because our people are just better'
business for so long, I was actually beginning to believe I might be wrong about it all.
Turns out all I had to do was be patient.

The Poet 02-14-2013 03:09 PM

I propose, as a resolution and a refuge, someone next year start an "Official Ivy League Football Thread". :D

OLS 02-28-2013 06:54 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...yers-from-team

Ouch, good move Nicky, hell you have your choice of the best football players in the country,
move somebody up. Not like that evil bastard les Miles who has to forgive and forget cause
he only gets the bama castoffs, lol.

OLS 03-27-2013 06:20 AM

Any other indictments this week? Been awhile.

hammondc 07-12-2013 05:04 PM

Almost time.........