Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lanceros (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62929)

mithrilG60 08-03-2013 08:43 PM

Re: Lanceros

Love lanceros! Favourites in NC Padron Ambassador Maduro, AB Tempis Creo and Olvia V (to be fair those 3 brands are about the only NC's I'll smoke). La Gloria #3 and Trini Functadores are my go to's though.

oldforge 08-04-2013 03:23 PM

I have been smoking some well aged Pepin Blue lanceros lately.

Great sticks. Don't know if they are still around...

CoffeeWaterBeer 08-05-2013 06:45 AM

Had a San Lotano Maddie lancero yesterday courtesy of AdamJoshua. Very tasty! I definitely need to work on my stock of lances.

Sadden 08-06-2013 05:57 PM

I've been finding that myths around draw issues seem to be mostly just that. Myths.

Sure once in awhile I find the odd one that doesn't draw well. But that's the same with any hand rolled cigar. More and more I find the Quality Control on NC's seems to be far superior to that of CC's.

What's your experience guys?

hotreds 08-06-2013 06:22 PM

Love

mosesbotbol 08-06-2013 06:23 PM

Lanceros generally smoke better compared to thicker ring gauge cigars. Perhaps it's the rollers are better than tend to the Lanceros.

pnoon 08-06-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadden (Post 1870410)
I've been finding that myths around draw issues seem to be mostly just that. Myths.

Sure once in awhile I find the odd one that doesn't draw well. But that's the same with any hand rolled cigar.

I agree.

Quote:

More and more I find the Quality Control on NC's seems to be far superior to that of CC's.

Very hard to draw a definitive conclusion. I might agree with "superior". But far superior. Nope.

My :2 and worth as much.

NCRadioMan 08-06-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldforge (Post 1869569)
I have been smoking some well aged Pepin Blue lanceros lately.

Great sticks. Don't know if they are still around...

They are and they are fantabulous. The blue lanceros made for Puff N Stuff in '07 are out of this world right now.

Quote:

More and more I find the Quality Control on NC's seems to be far superior to that of CC's.

In my experience, I would say QC is just slightly better on the nc side. Depends on the brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1870425)
Lanceros generally smoke better compared to thicker ring gauge cigars. Perhaps it's the rollers are better than tend to the Lanceros.

:tpd: :tu

kelmac07 08-06-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCRadioMan (Post 1870432)
They are and they are fantabulous. The blue lanceros made for Puff N Stuff in '07 are out of this world right now.

I keep hearing about these.

Sadden 08-06-2013 08:02 PM

Maybe I have just been burned by a couple bad boxes as of late. Im gonna try and track down some PSD4's to restore my faith in CC's.

mosesbotbol 08-07-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sadden (Post 1870478)
Maybe I have just been burned by a couple bad boxes as of late. Im gonna try and track down some PSD4's to restore my faith in CC's.

That's not the ideal cigar to renew one's faith in CC's, if that's what you are after...

Dunkel 08-12-2013 01:26 AM

Lanceros suck. I love Coronas. Lanceros require too much caution and babysitting. I like to enjoy my cigar not worry that it will go out or get hot in the blink of an eye. Plus men look like sissies smoking them. Just my opinions.

Tredegar 08-12-2013 01:50 AM

This past week I discovered the LFD Air Bender Villano. This is one lancero worth searching for. In the past I have tried the Oliva V Lancero but was disappointed in it having a bitter taste. I definitely prefer the smaller ring gauges over the big stinkies.

Habana Mike 08-19-2013 09:15 PM

Tatuaje Especiales are highly recommended. La Flor's LG Lanceros are also quite nice. I'm partial to the Lancero in the Davidoff Millenium Blend as well. Enjoyed the LADC's and the San Cristobal from the sampler 10 pack too.

While the Cohiba Lancero, Trinidad Fundadore and Monte Especiale can all be very good, the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 1, while more accurately a delicados or long panatela, is one of my favorite non-domestics in this style, shame they've been discontinued.

All in all it seems there are many more marcas available in this vitola lately than in years past. Highly recommend trying a few if you haven't...

Robulous78 08-19-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunkel (Post 1872620)
Lanceros suck. I love Coronas. Lanceros require too much caution and babysitting. I like to enjoy my cigar not worry that it will go out or get hot in the blink of an eye. Plus men look like sissies smoking them. Just my opinions.

:lr

You and I are the only ones to say we like Coronas better...

pnoon 08-19-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habana Mike (Post 1875310)
Tatuaje Especiales are highly recommended. La Flor's LG Lanceros are also quite nice. I'm partial to the Lancero in the Davidoff Millenium Blend as well. Enjoyed the LADC's and the San Cristobal from the sampler 10 pack too.

While the Cohiba Lancero, Trinidad Fundadore and Monte Especiale can all be very good, the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 1, while more accurately a delicados or long panatela, is one of my favorite non-domestics in this style, shame they've been discontinued.

All in all it seems there are many more marcas available in this vitola lately than in years past. Highly recommend trying a few if you haven't...

Spot on, Mike.
Especially about the SdC no. 1.
The Monte Especiale ain't too shabby, either.

Adriftpanda 08-19-2013 09:38 PM

As far for ncs, Tatuaje Especials are pretty tasty, and may be my favorite lanceros.

As far as ccs, hands down it would have to be ERM GDE. Like a few has mentioned, Partagas SdC #1 are damn good too.

Porch Dweller 08-20-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robulous78 (Post 1875312)
:lr

You and I are the only ones to say we like Coronas better...

Nope, I did also back in post 16.

sigsauer 08-20-2013 05:17 AM

Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Gran Panatela is righteous!
SHAPE: LANCERO
SIZE: 7 1/2 X 40
STRENGTH: MEDIUM - FULL

Cincymike 08-24-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 1867300)
Had a Room 101 Daruma Mutante last night that was out of this world.

I've been smoking a lot of those the past few months. I've tried some of the other sizes, but the lances are by far the best of that line IMO.