Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Official SEC Football Thread 2011 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48587)

longknocker 10-30-2011 08:09 PM

Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzle (Post 1457328)
Well, we knew Richt was awful. It now appears that Muschamp was woefully unprepared for a job of this magnitude. That was just an abomination of a game.

And yes, Brad, Bama is gonna whip that ass for your beloved Tigers. Book it.

Oh, Yeah! :su

Powers 10-31-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 1457544)
Gators gave that one away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1457585)
Clemson looked horrid last night against Ga Tech :td :td

Not a good week for either of my teams :sh

jjirons69 10-31-2011 11:17 AM

Bama +4.5 this morning. Interesting to see if it moves by the end of the week.

rizzle 10-31-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjirons69 (Post 1458680)
Bama +4.5 this morning. Interesting to see if it moves by the end of the week.

You still drunk from drowning your sorrows? Or did it swing that much?

SvilleKid 10-31-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzle (Post 1457328)

And yes, Brad, Bama is gonna whip that ass for your beloved Tigers. Book it.

;s, BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH!!!:D:sl

jjirons69 10-31-2011 02:13 PM

The sheet I'm looking at says +4.5 from Vegas and +4.52 from the supercomputer used to figure out small country GNPs.

And for your info, Ritchie, I did "fall asleep" on the floor with the Beagle Sat night. For the life of me I couldn't figure out going to bed. The wife reminded me on the way to church.

OLS 10-31-2011 06:22 PM

The most satisfying thing will be the line of people forming outside my imaginary in-thread office to humbly say,
"Damn,you were right...A.) bama just wasn't tough ENOUGH, and B.) I SHOULD have put money on LSU." ;)

longknocker 11-01-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1459203)
The most satisfying thing will be the line of people forming outside my imaginary in-thread office to humbly say,
"Damn,you were right...A.) bama just wasn't tough ENOUGH, and B.) I SHOULD have put money on LSU." ;)

We'll Know The Truth Soon Enough, Brother; I Wouldn't Bet The Mortgage On LSU If I Were You; Just Sayin'. ;) :D

rizzle 11-01-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjirons69 (Post 1458894)
The sheet I'm looking at says +4.5 from Vegas and +4.52 from the supercomputer used to figure out small country GNPs.

And for your info, Ritchie, I did "fall asleep" on the floor with the Beagle Sat night. For the life of me I couldn't figure out going to bed. The wife reminded me on the way to church.

Beagles need loving too, bro. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1459203)

Opening line was Bama -6, now -5. So if any of you want to give me Bama +4 1/2 or 5, the line forms here. -(P

OLS 11-01-2011 11:00 AM

Sad that the whuppin has to take place in Tuscaloosa. That is going to be SO difficult to take. But at least they'll
all look good with their blank stares in their houndstooth check attire. ;) But GOD do you guys have the finest women
in the South. This has been a tough ten days or less. It's gonna be a tougher 4-5 days to go.

Bama loses.........:r

Powers 11-01-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLS (Post 1460011)
But GOD do you guys have the finest women
in the South.

Florida might not be the hottest football team in the SEC this year, but our girls still are :noon

OLS 11-01-2011 11:53 AM

Not even close, Mike......They wear swimsuits more, but the genes are in Bama's favor, I'm afraid.
NOW, they DO have more fat women per capita in Bama than FLA, so you have that, anyway.

ir13 11-01-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 (Post 1460070)
Florida might not be the hottest football team in the SEC this year, but our girls still are :noon

Nope, they are up there but not on the top.

rizzle 11-02-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ir13 (Post 1460338)
Nope, they are up there but not on the top.

I'd put South Carolina's freaks up there with the best of them. Gotta say, though, Pretty much every campus I've ever been on, with the exception of the Naval Academy, ;) is loaded with hotties. Hard to go wrong anywhere. :tu

jjirons69 11-02-2011 10:14 AM

Damn it, Ritchie, you knew what I meant - Bama is favored by 4.5, so -4.5. -/+ what's the difference, you guys are going to win by 7. ;)

OLS 11-02-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizzle (Post 1461052)
I'd put South Carolina's freaks up there with the best of them. Gotta say, though, Pretty much every campus I've ever been on, with the exception of the Naval Academy, ;) is loaded with hotties. Hard to go wrong anywhere. :tu

OK, then I am guessing young is the characteristic of note?? I'm up for that, without question.

Bama loses.............................Jamie you are deluded....come over to the purple side.

Powers 11-02-2011 04:39 PM

Cocktail parties ain't the only thing done outside for the Florida-Georgia game:

http://www.brobible.com/bronews/stor...n-picnic-table

Surely there was a more secluded spot that did not require jumping a 6ft fence??

:r

rizzle 11-03-2011 09:46 AM

I've been putting a lot more thought into the game, Brad. Bama still wins.

:noon

Powers 11-03-2011 12:09 PM

I like the Tide at home as well, but I'm staying away from bettin' on this one

SvilleKid 11-03-2011 01:13 PM

The game DOES present me with One BIG problem!!! I will be driving my wife back home from Mississippi Saturday night, on a route that normally takes us thru T-town, and probably right around 10:30 to 11:00 pm. Exactly when I figure the game will be over!!! All routes that by-pass T-town are back-roads. Twisty, rolling, two-lane roads thru the woods type back-roads. And will add at least 50 more miles driving.

Is the extra driving time, on less than optimal roads, in the dark, a better option than "after-game" traffic on the interstate and/or U.S. Hwy 11? Keep in mind that I will be going with the traffic flow all the way into Birmingham. And I've done that trip in game traffic several times before (my old hunting club was west of T-town). There are ALWAYS wrecks. I'm thinking the normal drive time from Tuscaloosa to Birmingham of 45 minutes will be a minimum of 2 hours (and could be 3 or more if there are major accidents). And I absolutely hate driving in heavy traffic. It turns me into a werewolf!

I'm thinking of an alternative route out of Greenwood, Ms that will bring me into I-22 (between Bham and Memphis) way up near Hamilton. Then, just north of Bham, back roads over to Springville that avoids all the commercial areas that would have "after-game" fans.

Needless to say, I will not be watching the game live, as I will be driving from about 7 pm to just after midnight (normal time), and probably more like until 1 am, given the need to avoid the game traffic. Oh well. At least I have the game set to record on the dvr. And I have satellite radio, so I can listen to the game the whole trip.

Roll Tide!