Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Yes! LFD chisels are strong! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14650)

BC-Axeman 04-26-2009 09:47 PM

Yes! LFD chisels are strong!

I have been saving a LFD chisel in the bottom of my humidor for the right time but never seem to pick it out when I'm looking for something to smoke. It just never seemed like the right time. Today I was wanting a smoke and I just stuck my hand in the humi without looking, shuffled around and came out with it and said "what the heck, it must be time."
This was a natural, not the maduro. It was a great smoke. It lasted more than an hour and I never really noticed that it was subtly kicking my ass. That is until I finished it. Well really, it was kind of hard to totally finish it. I started getting wobbly towards the end. Then after it was done it kept creeping up on me. If I didn't have a tolerance built up it would have had me turning green. I still liked it a lot. Now I have to get another one to threaten me from the bottom of my humidor for another few months.:ss
They have a reputation that is well earned IMHO.

icehog3 04-26-2009 09:48 PM

Re: Yes! LFD chisels are strong!

I smoked my first one when I was fairly new to quality cigars, Lance, and the effect was very similar. ;)

joetownhound 04-26-2009 09:59 PM

Two movies and plenty of water later I finally finished the first and only one I ever smoked. It is indeed a strong cigar. And if any of you is wondering how long it took, Lets say around three hours.:pu

groogs 04-26-2009 10:02 PM

I am going to have to get my hands on one of these and see what they are all about.

weak_link 04-26-2009 10:06 PM

One of the few cigars that sat me right back down after trying to stand up. Not turning green kinda sick, just kinda wobbly and weak in the knees. I really enjoyed the flavor and great construction but not the kind of stick I reach for on a regular basis, that's for sure.

joetownhound 04-26-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groogs (Post 357524)
I am going to have to get my hands on one of these and see what they are all about.

Eat yourself a good meal first bro

Silound 04-26-2009 10:32 PM

Chisel Maduros are even better. Double Ligero 654's are freaking spectacular!

I smoke a TON of LFD product (one of our biggest accounts) and I have to say, Chisels, LG Small Batch, Factory Press, DL654's and Cabinet Oscuro 500's are my favorites.

There's always at least 2 LFD cigars in my daily count of smokes.

bobarian 04-26-2009 10:44 PM

Litto Gomez Diez Chisel. They make his LFD seem like a candy cane!:wo

ChasDen 04-26-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silound (Post 357564)
Chisel Maduros are even better. Double Ligero 654's are freaking spectacular!

I smoke a TON of LFD product (one of our biggest accounts) and I have to say, Chisels, LG Small Batch, Factory Press, DL654's and Cabinet Oscuro 500's are my favorites.

There's always at least 2 LFD cigars in my daily count of smokes.

2 of my favorite cigars :tu

The 500's are great after dinner cigars with a single malt :dr

Chas

Darrell 04-26-2009 11:16 PM

Sissy. ;)

weak_link 04-26-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 357584)
Litto Gomez Diez Chisel. They make his LFD seem like a candy cane!:wo

Yeah I read the original post wrong. It's was the Litto that sat me down. :r

groogs 04-27-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weak_link (Post 357609)
Yeah I read the original post wrong. It's was the Litto that sat me down. :r

:tpd: I was thinking of the Litto. I have had the LFD Chisel and it was good, but I don't remember it being really strong.

adampc22 04-27-2009 02:31 AM

i carnt wait to get my hands of one of these i like cigars that melt my face a little bit

BC-Axeman 04-27-2009 07:06 AM

I like the flavor of the natural more than the maduro. Yeah, the Litto is stronger but I like the flavor of the LFD better. I have a 654 in my humi, I'll have to smoke it soon.
I didn't mention in my OP that it was right before dinner and I had been working outside all day. I knew what I was getting into.

TripleF 04-27-2009 07:22 AM

Yes! LFD chisels are strong!

And it's weird, how you want more!!! :D

scooter 04-27-2009 11:52 AM

They are a great cigar! :D

ZYA_LTR 04-27-2009 01:22 PM

I have such a low tolerance, i was told to not even hold a chisel for too long, the Detroit crew was afraid i would get a contact sickness.

NJ stogie King 04-27-2009 01:39 PM

I have been tryin to find a Chisel to try, but no such luck here in NJ!! Can anyone point me in the right direction!! I love strong smokes!!

thebiglebowski 04-27-2009 02:09 PM

a great cigar.

Silound 04-27-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ stogie King (Post 358367)
I have been tryin to find a Chisel to try, but no such luck here in NJ!! Can anyone point me in the right direction!! I love strong smokes!!

PM me your address, I have one package to ship out to a brother here soon, I can send you some Chisels to try. :)