View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #189
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Breaking News! Bin Laden reported dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
The one thing I keep reflecting on, more now that this has happened and more since the initial bewilderment 10 years ago (time has a way of easing certain things, at least taming them) - the bravery of the common man on flight 93. Granted we had lots of firefighters, emergency personnel, and common citizens helping at ground zero and the Pentagon who lost their lives. They knew helping would be dangerous but there was always hope that the fires could be battled and trapped lives saved. Collapse might have been in their mind, but not a given. Are we going to die trying to help? - maybe, maybe not. The average folks (like any of us) on flight 93 knew they were headed into certain death. They knew it. I guess they took a moment and prayed and set about getting the high jackers out of control. Could I have done it? I hope so - it's hard to say not being in that spot. Until I leave this world, when someone mentions bravery, I automatically think of flight 93 passengers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Amen, Jamie.
It is better to be a Sheepdog, in principle and in practice, and hope you can do the best for others that may not have the ability, fortitude, or opportunity.