View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #48
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
Trading: (0)
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First speeding ticket.

...buddy of mine when he was about 20 years younger had a Pontiac GTO with a heavily worked over engine....big block, 400+CI, making a little over 500 HP. He worked at a place making motor homes, which sat a few miles down a straight road outside a little town in OR. At lunch, they used to head into the little town, as there was a Dairy Queen there with a drive up that had great burgers.

One sunny day, he did the usual, got his burgers, and headed out. He looked right.....looked left....and dropped the hammer coming out of DQ. Now, this car would do 135+ very quickly....which I'm sure he did. Got out of town, headed down the long straight road to his work, and really let the thing stretch it's legs.

As usual, he parked at the far edge of the parking lot, away from other cars. About halfway across the parking lot headed back to work, here comes a state trooper down the road with his lights on. He pulls up to my buddies car and stops; my buddy heads back across the parking lot, not sure what's up. "..is that your car?.." the trooper asks. "Yes, it is", my buddy replies.

"....didn't look behind you in the Dairy Queen drive up, did you?..." asks the trooper......