Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #223
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
And what is it with these squirrels today?? I can't remember them eating green pecans when I was a kid? NEVER.
Now unless I brutally enforce a no fly zone in my back yard with my new Beaman break-barrel pellet gun with scope,
89 bucks at wahlmart, I end up with no nuts for the 7th year in a row. Not to mention a patio COVERED in broken up
green pecans. As it is the damage they do while I am at work alone means that I'll be lucky to have a dozen ripe pecans
this year. But I have been MERCILESS!! I quit skinning them and took to putting them in a ziplock bag in the
freezer and tossing them on trash day. Smoked a few, though, not bad.
This new pellet gun is brutally accurate, hehe. But I have two trees basically stripped again.
The squirrels have usually waited until the day before I look for the pecans to fall, and then they devastate my crop overnight. This year, the crows are assisting them by stripping the green pecans, tearing thru the husks, and eating the meat before it's even ready. I'm going to hang the next crow I kill in one of my pecan trees! That should give them something to think about!!!!

This year will be the fifth in a row I've failed to get any before the animals! I have 6 acres full of other trees, and the ground is littered with acorns and hickory nuts this year. Apparently they would rather run across my yard in the open and eat pecans!!! And my dog just lays there and watches the show. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Roll Tide Roll. BTW, I'd love to see Boise State play either of us!! That would be a killin' worth seeing!!