Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #266
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
You normally go through Starkville and Columbus? Wow, there is NO good way to go from Greenville (FIXED) to Birmingham.
You could invent the flying car.
If this is all about not missing church in the morning, I'd tell em not to lay out your good suit.
Stay in MS a few hours longer, stay overnight, get on the road a bit earlier than planned.
That is a terrible challenge of just trying to avoid Tuscaloosa...nigh on impossible.
On the map, an alternative route by veering off at Greenwood and going thru Winfield to I-22 only adds 6 miles over my normal route. However, the roads will be two lane, and 45-55 mph, vs U.S. 82, which is almost all 4-lane and 65 mph. The alternative route would also give me the ability to by Bham to the north over backroads (between Brookside and Springville) that I have driven on all my life. And, I'm familiar with the Alabama parts of the alternative route, having run it a hundred times going to family reunions in NE Mississippi. So, it's not ALL bad news or unknown road!

Staying not really an issue if that is what I want, since my wife's travel nurse company has her an apartment set up. I just have a really good king bed at home (verses a half-way queen at apartment). Plus, there are some family issues concerning my elderly mom. I am a night person, used to staying up to one or two am most nights, but hate the mornings. Plus, morning driving will be east, 5 hours into the rising sun.

Also, thinking things thru, if we leave Sunday morning at normal "get-up-for-work" time, we will be thru T-town about the time the RV's all are packed up and hitting the road. And when the people staying over on Saturday night head back out. So, Sunday mid-morning traffic after the game will be nearly as bad as Saturday night.

My intention is to NOT even listen to the game on the way home. It is being recorded, and I do not mind watching it delayed. My children have orders NOT to let us know the outcome. We can then watch the game off the dvr (and I can fast forward thru the commercials and the useless pratter of the mindless announcers. I swear, the commentators have gotten so bad on TV, I often watch the games with the sound muted!

Last edited by SvilleKid; 11-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote