View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #450
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

EJ, who do you think is better than Alabama and LSU? You talk about not having a dog in the hunt,
but you clearly stated in your analysis that all this talk about them being the two best teams in the USA is crap.
With no SEC bias from me outside the fact that I pull for LSU, I think it is fairly clear that the two best teams
in the USA are bama and LSU. You are right in saying "that's why they play the games" because there has been nothing
but top dogs falling all season long. But I am not sure what you are thinking. You call my statements arrogant, but
to me it seems that your reasoning is that I think I know it all, or that I think that LSU and bama are the best there are.
Is it going to take LSU ripping OK state apart to prove to you that they are dominant? Because as you know, bama is not
going to be allowed to play OK state or USC or Stanford for the Nat. Champ. It's LSU and somebody. But if you put LSU
and bama head to head for it all, you are going to see two great teams once again basically tie. What I guess you want,
and I find reasonable, is both "top teams" playing a non-SEC powerhouse in two bowls and removing their organs. Basically two
national championship games. I AM a SEC fan, no doubt, but that's not why I think the way I do. I have looked
EVERYWHERE for a team that I thought could go for 60 minutes with either one of the two SEC dominators and
come out on top, and I do not think such a team exists. Again, I would hate to see LSU-bama in the end. It's not fair
to LSU or the rest of the NCAA. But GET a dog in the hunt, WHO do you think can beat either one?

And USC is not eligible, not from what I think but for what they got caught doing, so let's not go there...no hypotheticals.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote