View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #118
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saints accused of "Bounty Program". Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
I don't know why a QB of his caliber would even consider signing a long term contract with the Saints right now. The Saints are going to be feeling the repercussions of this for quite a while. Brees is getting old enough that he's going to need a decent team in the next few years if he's looking to go back to the Super Bowl. I just don't see the Saints in that race for a while now.

I would sit out the year and go elsewhere.
He doesn't need any more accolades. He loves his city and his city loves him. He's achieved all a quarterback could hope to achieve. He's looking for a lifetime deal where he moves from player to operations, "elsewhere" isn't in his vocabulary. The only way it'll get there is if the Saints ownership/management forces him out.
This is his club, and as such, he'd love nothing more to stick it out and lead his team out of these difficulties. It would just make the Brees Legend that much larger. I guess you have to understand how much he's loved in that part of the world to understand his mindset. Suffice to say that God is first and Drew Brees is a close second.