View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #626
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I guess I forgot about that part. When I was a kid I never thought for a minute that LSU would ever NOT play Tulane
in a football year. Unthinkable. Today it's not only THINKable, it's almost forgotten that they ever played. But you
actually stand to win as a fan. Those games just became extremely important to those 'left behind'. For every one
that gets played going forward, you should see extra fervor, money, publicity and meaning. Choosing non-
conference is now a LOT harder, too. You want to keep old traditions alive, but playing someone too tough hurts
you when you already play 8 tough SEC games. It takes some getting used to. I like the way LSU was doing it
for many years, taking on tough Non-conference opponents to polish their possible credentials should they be
in the hunt at the end of the season. THIS YEAR it does not look like they have scheduled anyone that tough
out of conference. Shame, since it looks like they "COULD - GO - ALL - THE - WAY...
Didn't You Think That Last Year, Brad?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote