View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #16
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Food Network Fans???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Maybe it's the foodie in me, or reading Bourdains books/blog, but how can people take Food Network seriously? I know many people watch it, but I think it's for the sexy hosts and not the food. That's fine, but how can you call Paula Deen a chef
I used to be a big watcher of most things on the Food Network. But ever since they've changed their format to more "reality" based shows/competitions, I've lost interest. I will occassionaly watch DDD to see some of the places he goes to since I travel a lot for work. I've gone to a few of the spots featured on the show and have really liked them.

For me, The Cooking Channel, is more like what FN used to be. (although TCC is almost FN-Canada).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
I had and still do have a huge crush on her. I love watching the food network except it just makes me so hungry
Ray-Ray used to be cute. Then they made her over and she started to become a charicature (sp?) of herself. Especially the "Joker" period. Look at some of her pics next to pics of Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Too uncanny of a resemblence.