View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation
Default Re: World FITASC - One Man's Review (days one & two)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I guess I don't lead as an exciting life as some of you guys.

To be able to travel cross country to smoke cigars with complete strangers you met on the internet, well that's edge of your seat stuff right there
Think about developing lifelong friendships before ever actually meeting someone in person. Friendships so strong that you would trust those people, with 100% confidence, to stay in your home, and you couldn't even pick their face out of a crowd. Logging in to this online home and sharing stories, laughs, accomplishments, triumphs, defeats, births, deaths, and everything in between.

And then, one day, you finally get the opportunity to travel somewhere and meet people in real life and share a cigar with them, people that you could swear you have known your entire life. The instant solidification of the affinity that has developed towards those people solely from interactions in this online community after finally getting to physically meet them for the first time is something so spectacular, it truly is magical.

I'd try and begin to explain how it is about so much more than the cigar, the cigar is only the catalyst that brings us all together on this second home, but you truly would not have the faintest idea what I'd be talking about. But anyways, yes, I'd say that is pretty exciting.

You keep shooting your clay disks, though.