View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #141
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Should be a SEC East Title on the line for that game unless something stupid happens to either of us next week.
Yep. Some of my delusional Gamecocks fan friends are already jibber jabbing about a national championship. I suppose in all of their excitement, they forgot the absolutely brutal schedule that USC has for the next few weeks. I am pretty sure they can take down LSU on the road, but the Gators** on the road will be a challenge. I am reserving all National Championship talk until after October 20.

If they continue playing like they did last night, I think a NC game could be in the cards for this year. BUT....I am a 34 year fan and am well versed in how inconsistent they can be.

** I am still not convinced of the UF hype. Like USC, they have played no-one, really. USC beat a grossly overrated GA and UF beat a LSU team that is on a rapid spiral downward. That is it. IMHO, LSU doesn't even belong in the top 10 any longer.

Last edited by pnoon; 10-07-2012 at 12:46 PM.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote