Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Do you guys even remember, Phillip Fulmer was FIRED the year RIGHT after winning the
National Championship???
That is the funniest thing in the world to me, not being an orange-head. And LOOK at the carnage in the wake of
that decision. I was thinking, "Why on earth would they fire Phillip Fulmer?" Being an LSU fan, I was always well-
schooled in the coaching carousel back when I was a kid. After that, it quieted down considerably, lol, although
there ARE coon-a55es who will tell you that Les Miles needs to GO after he rung up 13 wins last year.

Richt, likely staying
Dooley, gone, they want his head over here.
John L Smith, tossup....no wait, gone, his finances and sad story are all over the websternet.
Chizik, Stays somehow.

But LSU fans at least understand they can't win the NC every year. It is my firm belief that the
bama crowd believes they should be winning it every year. Not too long ago they were the laughing
stock of the league with a handful of hapless coaches. Now with Saban they have quickly let all
that fall away, and one person here actually told me that they are basically the Notre Dame of the
SEC, with too high a set of standards to ever be mired in athletic controversy or questionable character
issues among players. And shockingly, I believe Saban will be there for a while, too.
I can't speak for all Bama fans but I for one take it year by year, Bama has been seriously in the running for NC the last 4 years, and won twice. So I begin the season expectant and hopeful.

Still there isn't a real Bama fan that doesn't remember Dubose 2000 season, Franchione bailing, Shula standing on the sidelines looking confused and Coach Whats-his-name that got fired for going to a strip club.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote