Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #172
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
I can't speak for all Bama fans but I for one take it year by year, Bama has been seriously in the running for NC the last 4 years, and won twice. So I begin the season expectant and hopeful.

Still there isn't a real Bama fan that doesn't remember Dubose 2000 season, Franchione bailing, Shula standing on the sidelines looking confused and Coach Whats-his-name that got fired for going to a strip club.
Yeah... Mike Price paid the price for that stupidity. Actually got caught because he lent his UoA credit card to the stripper to use!!

As to the Notre Dame of SEC.... That makes me throw up a little in my mouth (I do not care for ND at all!) Is Bama above getting into trouble with the NCAA??? HELL NO! I don't think there is a college out there that doesn't have some booster somewhere doing something wrong. That doesn't have some dad of a prospect shopping his son for $100,000. That doesn't have commercial retailers giving (or trying to give) players products. Too many avenues for a coach and staff to guard against all of them. And that's just on influences from outside of the campus. I expect every year to hear of some school that the NCAA is considering putting on the "kill list". The NCAA is a bureaucracy that has to always have some pot stirring to justify their existence. (Off subject- But about the same way I feel about NASCAR's admin.)