View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #306
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
If anything that game should send them down in the BCS rankings and prove that they would get killed by a team with a good defense as well as a good offense.
This is the real point, one I didn't even consider....I am just too busy chuckling at the wider picture.
There are likely better teams down below that are better on the whole.

I think the metric that emerges is the fact that neither of them can stop 5hi+ from happening.
(was this OT by the way?? that often drives up a score)---edit---OUCH, regulation.
Teams always assume, or their fans do anyway, that hanging 60 on someone is a real indicator of
how they would whip team x's a55. To me it only speaks to the defense of the team they played.
But you know homers, they extrapolate that into hanging 50 on bama and off we go. Homers are
fine, I are one, but sometimes the crimson-colored glasses or the purple contacts can get in the
way of hard facts and cold reality. Or even common sense. But I do know one thing, and that is
that it makes a championship game impossible to ignore, at least for me. I'd like to boycott the
galactic empire in their coronation ceremony, but I know I will have to watch it just to see the
carnage.

Last edited by OLS; 11-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote