View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: When is Too Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemonkey View Post
Too early IMO. As a father of a passel of little people, I don't appreciate babies waking up due to my inconsiderate neighbors. Sleep is precious enough as it is.

Why does waiting until you get home mater anyway? It seems you are willing to bother your neighbors for your convenience? Just asking, not judging.
It will warm with the day and insulation of snow, freeze underneath the top layer, making removal FAR more difficult. That is tough on concrete as well. There is the safety factor. Not to mention the tire compression strips of snow that never seem to go away without snow melt or the like.

As far as I know, I am also responsible for snow removal on my walks and property, legally. Peoples safety, related to the snow on my walks/drive is my responsibility.

That doesn't take into consideration that it may still be snowing and the accumulation compounds the problem(s).....

Yes, I appear willing to bother/disturb my neighbors related to that collection of things. Though it isn't so much convenience....there are considerations beyond that. In the end, it actually is a PIA to get out and snowblow before heading into the workplace AND when I got home for that matter, which seems like a second full time job of family stuff. I'd prefer to leave it for the weekend....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote