View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #3206
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

This shot was three trips in the making...Woke up early on Saturday THINKING I had a route to the river across from Memphis....
I was wrong. I drive around Arkansas for an hour trying to find a way past the sloughs and willow groves and all kinds of
dirt roads to no avail, even with having checked Guugle space maps. Then on the way out of the state, I took a chance
on a road that led me to the base of the three bridges downriver of Memphis. I was too late for even the sunrise, but I had
FOUND the spot. I went back that night and shot some night shots, and it was a STRUGGLE. Thank goodness for the
moon. There is nothing between where i park and where I have to shoot but 1/8 mile of loose rock revetment around the
supports on the river. RISKY in the dak, hell, risky in the day. I nearly slid into the river twice as the rocks shifted and gave
way, not to mention dropping two cameras. but somehow I kept it all together. But the shots did NOT impress me. So I got
up earlier this morning and drive right to it and decided NOT to risk the rocks again, since i did not feel the need to get the
Desoto Bridge in the shot. Here are the three bridged just downriver from Memphis from this morning, just a few hours ago.
Odd hwo the FLOW is the same, but the water last night was as turbulent as usual, and this morning it was GLASS, except
for a ton of fish swirls, they were feeding on top this morning. Wish I had brought a pole and some worms.

Sunrise over the Memphis Bridges by Brad-(OLS), on Flickr
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote