View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #4419
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Do you have an electric knife Mike? That would work well for cutting slices.
Yeah I have one. That's definitely the plan unless a commercial grade meat slicer magically appears on my doorstep in the near future.

Trying to get over to Restaurant Depot to get my brisket. You have to have a business license to register, but membership is free. I've read posts that ANY business license will do, including those unrelated to food. My wife has her cupcake / wedding cake business licensed so I just need to register it.

They (RD) has amazing prices on meat and other food stuff. Check them out.

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/

Click "View monthly flyer for my location" on the right, pick the store near you, and see the prices as advertised. I've read they have higher grade meat than most grocers/warehouse stores. Plus they are $0.50/$1.00 per pound cheaper on brisket despite the higher grade.