View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #21
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Have I mentioned how much I hate thieves?

Got a call from the sheriff's office Saturday afternoon while running errands with my wife. They located my truck at a vacant house up on the northwest side of town; a skip house for the local middle school and general hangout for disreputable characters. I did wish I had had a little more notice to get up there so I could have swung by the house and picked up some extra "insurance". As it was I felt a little under equipped since I wasn't intending to be visiting a war zone that morning after grocery shopping. The house did have some sweet ventilation openings courtesy of 7.62 though...

So far, all four wheels and tires plus the spare is gone, running boards, bed cover, GPS, prescription Costa sunglasses, otter box with sweet CA stickers, cigar stand, floor mats, binoculars, bible (what?), a couple of thermacell bug propellants, some broken arrow shafts, and other miscellaneous goodies gone. They tried to get a spare key to my dad's trailer to unlock the bolt on my receiver to remove my three-way hitch ball, but it didn't quite fit. Battery was still there and the engine looks ok. Doesn't look like the took the computer. It was pretty painful seeing the truck drug her rotors though. Tow driver was as gentle as he could be, but the insurance will be replacing them, as well as the dust covers on the brakes, several skid plates and the front and rear diff. I also want the gas and the oil checked before starting her up.

But, it could have been much worse. At least they didn't burn it.