View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Daily weather report

I grew up in New England and loved the cold weather. I never liked the heat, especially heat and high humidity. During my Air Force career I always requested assignments to Alaska, Colorado, Washington, etc. The USAF would laugh at me and send me to the Mojave Desert, Tucson, Shreveport, and rotate me regularly to Central America and the Middle East. All the while I kept trying to get to the cold places.

Towards the end of my career I visited my folks in Indianapolis a few winters in a row. I shoveled the snow for them, scraped the ice from their cars, all that stuff. And I realized that I still like the cold, but I'm a bit older now and my back, one shoulder, and one knee are shot. And winter's hard on bad joints.

So here I am, retired from the USAF on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. It's 91 degrees with 65% humidity. But that's what a/c is for. As for shoveling snow? You can KMA, snow!