View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #18
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Greatest single sporting moment of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51 View Post
The Red Sox winning the 2004 World Series for me. Nothing else sticks out quite like that.
Ok Ken, not to derail this thread too much, but have you ever heard of the "Win It For..." thread?

Here is Sportsguy talking about it, I refuse to call Bill anything else because this is how I knew him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/041027

Here is the thread's creator posting about the thread being accepted to the baseball hall of fame. Jack (the creator is a good friend of mine), I was one of the 3 people that posted for the masses in the thread, I along with a couple others put our email out there and people emailed us their "win it for.." posts and we posted them in the thread for them. I posted right up until the end of the game, once the Red Sox were the Champs it didn't seem worth it to keep posting "win it for...".

Schilling posted in the thread, along with a few other RS players that were board members, btw the board went to hell, the owner got greedy, he put idiots in charge (I'm sure that sounds familiar to a few old CS guys here), told Jack that since he created the thread on his (the owner's) site that the owner owned the thread and all publication rights to it, but I digress that turned into a bitter feud. Anyway, the thread was on the NBC nightly news, ESPN, a bunch of channels reported on it, it was the mojo thread of all mojo threads.

Jack being a smart cookie, printed out the entire thread to have a copy, which was brilliant because a year or so later the idiots in charge had a server crash and lost the entire original thread, they only had part of it archived, so Jack had the original thread and had it spiral bound, he had 10 copies made, 1 went to the Red Sox and they display it in the offices, one went to the Boston Public Library and is on display there, one went to the Baseball H.O.F. and is in their rare books collection, a couple went to his kids and one went to me as I was one of the main posters, I am also the one that posted at the exact moment the Red Sox won the Championship... in extra large bold font of course. ... so they won it for a lot of people.

Below is a picture of the book and of course my last post, at the time I was a big Spike Owen fan, God only knows why.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1118.jpg (88.5 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1119.jpg (97.6 KB, 306 views)
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote