I Miss Pnoon

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
RA
Mikepd has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Question for the hive mind. Do you think bourbon is going to experience an implosion like the cigar boom of the early 2000’s? As I watch more videos and see all of the new brands coming out, there has to be a point where it reaches over saturation. And the prices. Hard to pay what some of these newcomers are asking when you can find the established brands cheaper.
I don't think we'll see prices go down on any new releases, but I do foresee a point where stores and bars will get "punished" (restricted from allocations and such) for charging secondary pricing when they are using a national wholesaler/distributor.

The bigger point I think though is that there are so many established brands and only so much shelf space, so I do think some of these smaller sized niche brands that only source their spirits, and aren't a distiller themselves, will either get priced out of the market, or get squashed by national chains that don't want to allocate two feet of shelf space to more MGP sourced re-labeled six year Dickle with a no-name brand on the bottle for $65+!
Mikepd is offline   Reply With Quote