View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 05:31 AM   #3710
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
We are not sure about the annual massive New Year's Eve Eve drop from Saz/BT and Spec's this year. The social media guy from the main store has let it be known he is not in the loop for this year's potential drop. My telegram group is saying it will move from the main Dallas store to one close to my office and corporate apartment. How big and what will be available, we have not heard yet. Last year, the party started 5 days earlier and there was several thousand in line. I avoid it if possible, but with a bed/show/toilet within striking distance, I might consider it if the rumor is true.
Always sounds like a fun time, but even with decent weather I'm not gonna be waiting days, especially not for store picks even if it's a whole lot of all the good ones. I'm hoping to score something shiny that makes me feel like the numb toes were worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Coral View Post
Should be fun she has never been in a bourbon line
In my experience there are two very different ways it can go when somebody else sees this side of the hobby. I'll never forget the thanksgiving drop when a guy brought his girlfriend, got there 5 minutes before they opened so he was about 300 people back, then she pulls out her phone to make a video calling everybody there plus her boyfriend an idiot for waiting for bourbon. I can't imagine it was worth the day full of ridicule for a consolation bottle of Eagle Rare