View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #441
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

haha, USC, huh? That would be good, no doubt. The only facet of your analysis that I do not necessarily think
holds MUCH water is the wins versus top ten teams. IT IS A TELLING STAT, but in reality it shouldn't weigh
too highly, simply because of the difficulty in scheduling. You can't expect all viable teams to be able to successfully
schedule super-competition, or to be able to plan far enough in advance to get it done in practical terms. That said,
you need to play good teams to have a shot at the respect you need to be in that one game that REALLY matters.

That's where I think your top 25 stat shines. THAT is a reasonable stat to hold up as viable for more teams.
You don't see a lot of GA Southerns and McNeese St.'s and Sisters of the Poor on OK St's resume. (I do not have
their schedule available, maybe they do) I agree, I think it is not only more fair but more interesting to give another
team a shot at LSU. If bama had not been AT HOME when they lost, I would likely be a little more convinced. I am
on record as thinking OT losses and wins are a toss up, I think you get it done in regulation if you want to be taken
seriously, but AT HOME and under SUCH conditions of being the favorite.,,not good.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote