View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #303
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
This is what I expected, down to the last letter. How did I know the phrase "Should have won" was
going to come into play? It's easy. Your team lost. Missing 4 field goals is not "Should have won", it's we
think we thought of everything, but we forgot to get a kicker. You know how many high school kickers
would kill to come and kick for Alabama? I bet a ton. But Nick Saban in his divine wisdom didn't save any
scholarships for THAT I guess. I reiterate, who needs a kicking game when you have Trent Richardson?

Should have won is a bull5hi+ response. Your team got beat, in your own stadium in front of your own
crowd. Nick Saban was out-coached. Your team was out-played, and by a kicker besides. You can't say,
"We shoulda won", because you didn't have the PLAYERS to WIN, that's why I told you for three weeks that
you were not GOING to win. You can't say 'we have the best team except for a kicker'. Our kicker MAKES
us the better team. How do I know? Because the score was 9-6, all field goals. Duh. Our punter did
exactly what I thought he would, handicap you deep in your own end. THAT'S BALANCE, man.

Inferior depth and balance wasn't a good enough description for you??
We rotated defensive linemen all night long and got a sack in OVERTIME because of it. We have more
tailbacks ready to play than Alabama, we have more quarterbacks ready to play than Alabama. That's depth.
I love Barrett Jones, he is from Memphis and a great kid, I've met him. But if you had better balance,
he wouldn't have had to play hurt. He gutted it out, and I am not sure he hurt the team, but again,
we just have more players ready to play than UA.

We have better balance than Alabama. You doubt that? You ever hear of something called the kicking
game? You should have, since it's how we BEAT YOU GUYS. If you had better balance, you would have
won the freaking GAME. Oh, we have Trent Richardson, yay. You think teams are going to just roll
over and concede because of Richardson and Lacey? You have a great offensive line and linebackers.
Should we just wave the cape and let you charge on through? No, we found your weakness and used it to beat
you in front of the largest TV audience ever to watch a regular season game. OF COURSE LSU has
better balance than Alabama. That's how we WON THE GAME.

By the way, we're still friends, right??
We're still friends, and you still don't have a clue what you're talking about. But I'll let you gloat, and I'll even go ahead and agree with you. You're absolutely correct. Whatever it was you said, you're absolutely correct.

This is why I don't like LSU fans.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote