View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #309
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

My comment regarding luck was not pointed at you but at jjirons, who didn't mention luck either. But since you
brought it up, sure, a lot of fans of the Tide might think, it was just the breaks, dumb luck, we shoulda beat LSU.
So just because YOU didn't say it, and it was never meant for you to begin with, there are certainly those who WILL.

But on to your points, your use of stats was impressive, but they leave out the main stat that was my point.
Not that you didn't know what I meant, either, you just ignore it because it throws out 1/3 of your argument.
If I meant balance between run and pass, my statement has no merit whatsoever. I am saying that in the three
phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams, LSU has better balance, and it is what we used to beat you.
Your argument is like the bodybuilder with huge muscles and a tiny dic&. Sure you can attract women, but you can't
do anything to please them once you get em home. In terms of run and pass, Alabama beat the hell out of LSU.
You had far more big gains through the run, and maybe as many or better yards through the air. But when the game
was on the line, OUR balance was better, we had not just capable people to punt and place kick, we had EXCEPTIONAL
people. Alabama's kicking game was insufficient to score from the places our defense forced you to attempt from.
Again, you did not have to miss my meaning, I laid it out for you, never once even hinting that I meant run/pass.
You killed us running and killed us passing. We stiffened in our end, but you made it look easy up until you were
turned away. And at that point, Nicky, you had better have recruited a kicker. He didn't.

The two teams were extremely even, I happen to think we are deeper, and I'd bet we are. But I also think we are
faster and better coached. But that is opinion, well the coaching part was kind of shown in the game, too, but
Nick is no slouch. But if you aren't comparing what I am comparing, of course you are going to think I am wrong.
Still there is no doubt that LSU has a more balanced team across all three phases of the game. If it were not so
there is no way we win.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote