View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #312
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Talking to you is like talking to my 2 year olds. LSU has better special teams than us. Unfortunately for us, it came down to that. Shouldn't have, but did. That's the way it goes sometimes.

But having better special teams, doesn't make you more "balanced", it just gives you an advantage in one of the three phases of the game.

Tickets... LSU's allotment was 7000, That's about the average number that SEC teams give/get. I'll see if I can dig up what y'all gave us last year, as if it matters.
I am guessing the 2 year old wins a lot.

It doesn't matter about the tickets, I said I didn't know and I don't. My point was I thought that your fans
would make some kind of difference with the huge differential. Like I said, I saw LSU-Vandy in 1983 and that
is my experience in SEC stadiums.

My argument, from the two-year old perspective, is that I felt like the two teams were basically
even in offense and defense and LSU had a significant edge on special teams....If the teams are even
and one has an edge in one phase of the game, that team is more balanced because the other two phases
basically cancel each other out. The only way I allow myself to say "significant edge" is because we made all
our field goals and Bama missed 4. We consistently punted you guys into your own 10-20 yard line
over and over. I hate it for you, too, that the kicking game decided the outcome. But again, from
what I hear from Bama fans, you were the better team, so it needn't ever have come down to that.
But I will stop badgering you, you can't be swayed by facts or stats and I am not an a$$hole, just a
fan of the winner.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote