View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
ysr_racer

Default Re: World FITASC - One Man's Review (days one & two)

Day three, Friday.

Now the schedule was reversed, FITASC in the morning, and sporting in the afternoon. The fact that Friday was sunny and 75 was a blessing. Things ran smoothly, and everybody was happy.

Well everybody except the people that were trying to get something to eat. Having only one food vendor, just wasn't cutting it. The fact that they were slow, ran out of food, and closed at 3:00 didn't win them many friends. Northbrook made a command decision and opened up their own restaurant.

Chef Paul sized control, and in no time everybody was eating. Who knew 1200 people would want to get something to eat? (Just kidding, it wasn't Northbrook's fault, the food vendor dropped the ball on this one).

My FITASC squad was really starting to click, and everybody including me was breaking some birds. Rebecka and Martina were really grinding up the targets. I guess it's good to have young eyes and good reflexes. The fact that these two young ladies are on their Nation's Shooting Teams, meant this wasn't their first big event. We shot Connecticut and Krieghoff. I shot 16 on Connecticut, but ran the first peg on Krieghoff, dropped four birds on the second peg, ran the third peg, and dropped the last bird on Krieghoff for a 20, so I was happy with that.

Friday night I had dinner in the host hotel with Haydn, Prosper, and a bunch of their mates from back home. After a couple of bottles of Australian wine, I staggered off to my room, the Aussie's headed off to, you guessed it, the bar.