Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
I guess UF feels the same way - no NC bowl, they'll just go through the motions. I guess the school gets a check regardless of the outcome.

If anyone out there honestly believes a true athlete doesn't want to win any time they take the field, they're nuts. It doesn't matter if it's the Lil' Cricket Bowl, a backyard pickup, or the NC game. You can't play organized sports for 15+ years and not have the drive to want to dominate at any level, plus having coaches that get bonuses screaming in your face for a lackluster performance. I know I wouldn't want to tell a 6'6" 285 lb lineman he looks to be just going through the motions.
Wanting to win and putting your heart soul and body into the game 100% are two different things. It absolutely matters what game you're playing in and yes you can play sports for 15 years and show up to a game not caring enough about the outcome to leave it all on the field.

When the announcers are calling you "Disinterested" you know there is a problem, when players are moving around like the dead lice are falling off them it's a problem, last night the team that wanted it more won, period.

"Best" is an ambiguous term, Florida and LSU are undoubtedly more talented and better coached. But when one team shows up ready and wanting to make a statement, and the other is just pissed they have to play some random team in some random bowl, the outcome is almost a foregone conclusion.

Not caring about the outcome of a game is a shitty attitude, and the teams that don't show up deserve to lose, but if you honestly believe that no matter what teams show up and give it their all then you are living in a bit of a fantasy I think.

Edit: I'm not saying LSU didn't show up to play, they did and it was a poorly executed game. SC was also ready to play, you could tell by watching the game. Georgia didn't show up until late and I didn't watch Miss St. because I didn't care. But if you watched the Florida game you can tell the players weren't in it, it's a poor excuse because you should always show up to win, but it doesn't change the fact that Florida did not give it 100%, or even 75%. That game was an embarrassment.

Last edited by oooo35980; 01-03-2013 at 09:44 AM.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote