Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #118
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
OK, good midweek question..........Which team does the SEC insert into the East that gives the best balance?
"THEY" say it's now official, TX A&M is IN.
So................

Some people say Clemson is a no brainer, but I think being maybe the best ACC team is a spot you don't give up.
It DOES give USC the critical in-conference rivalry game I think they are lacking now, a la MSU/MISS, BAMA/AUBURN.
Mizzou I think is just outside the area of influence and stretches plausibility to me. I like Florida State for again, in conf-
erence balance lacking for UF now, although they play the Seminoles now anyway. I say bring that game into conference
play for a REALLY interesting matchup each year. VA Tech ain't going nowhere, What about the Ramblin Wreck?? Speaking of Techs....you could ALMOST make a case for LA tech, but they're not too East....
I also like Troy, but that'd be three Alabama teams. Tough call.

One thing I hate about TAM getting in, they are going to sew up a lot of recruits LSU is getting now, we are
just cleaning UP in TX today.

You hit all three that I think would work, and all three would be good fit, in my opinion, with all three having chance for in-conference, in-state grudge matches! Clemson, Ga. Tech and Florida State! I could live with all three. I agree that Clemson might be hard to get right now. Florida State would be third on my list. Georgia Tech would probably be my first choice. And, I think it would trip the SEC's academic trigger as much as A&M (apparently) did. Besides, I'd love to see Georgia and Tech square off each year!