Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #217
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It really IS ALL THE SAME, Riz. That's what's got me wondering what crawled up the Kid's boutay on a Monday.

But don't be deluded, Kid, it's all the same. Saban is way better than Dubose or Shula, but one way or the other,
something is gonna slip, because he is operating much the same as mr. Les Miles over there in Tuscaloosa. He just
keeps his players in fear, and Miles is more of a player's coach. You can't keep the lid on that tight without a blow,
though. One day it's gonna come. It's the SAME argument I was throwing at Urban Meyer for years around here.
And the FL faithful weren't havin' it. I was calling his players dirty thugs, and I meant it. Yes, I agree that LSU
has had some trouble this year and it is at the coaches discretion if or how long to punish players. So he gets his
players back on board before the Bama game. Can you blame him? Do you think that Jordan Jefferson is feeling like
he is back now and everything is forgiven? Hell no, he barely plays, and then only to tune him up lest Lee go down
in T-town. He is hardly the starting QB again. And all he did was beat the 5hit out of someone at a bar he shouldn't
have been at. It's not like he was on dust or something while he did it.

It is INDEED on. Gonna be a tough weekend, though. What to do, what to do.
------------
One thing I can say, this is likely to break all viewership records on CBS next weekend.
Can you IMAGINE the kind of football we are going to witness??? It's scary to even THINK
about how priviledged we are to be able to see something like this.

Grrrrrrrr! Bah humbug!!! I don't know how to lighten up

But, I do think Les is setting pretty much the same bad bad example for his players as DuBose and Shula did for Bama, and that such a lenient punishment policy will bite him in the butt sooner, rather than later. And, I agree that it is a problem that exist over a large part of the sport, unfortunately. I also think the NCAA is a complete loss as a policing agency! For example, I think they hurried up their investigation of Cam Newton at Auburn, because they do not want another "Reggie Bush/Heisman" boondoggle!

Hell, I think a lot of things! I agree 100% with you that Saban is much better than our last 2-3-4? coaches!!!! But that would not be difficult, since we have had some real losers in the recent past when it came to the management side and the enforcement side!

My post before was from a small apartment in Mississippi, with nothing much to do, so I had to lash out at someone, and since LSU is next up...... Heck, it's SEC football, so they are definitely in the sights!! But don't worry, Auburn will soon be in the sights!!

However, I'm now at home for a couple of days, and have already taken out my aggressions on a couple of squirrels (for breakfast tomorrow), and a crow (stupid birds are stripping my pecan trees, and waking me up early in the mornings while doing it!!). So, I'm calmed down tonight, and don't need any meds........ Yet. Let's see what my Cardinals do, then it may be a different story!!

Sorry, I had to strip the emoticons out of your post so mine would not overload the system!!! But I do get that you were being non-confrontational. As I was being, but failed to put any smiles in!