Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #333
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Now...

As to SEC....

As much as I hate to, I have to pull for Auburn to beat Georgia. I've never been a fan of Georgia. I think Vince Dooley coaching there when I went to Bama may have something to do with that! But, on the other hand, that means that I'd have to pull for Steve Spurier in the SEC championship game...... Decisions decisions decisions. I'm actually thinking I'll just grab my rifle and head to the woods for some afternoon hunting, and let the games take their course. Right now, it sure looks like Auburn and Georgia are fairly well matched. Unless one of the offenses gets tired of running up and down the field, this game may go to who throws the final TD pass!

As to Bama and Miss. State..... This one is always a bittersweet game for me. I have to pull for Bama, of course. However, State is where my mom graduated from (with honors) which was a little special for a female in the 1940's! Plus, my favorite Uncle was a past head of the school of electrical engineering there (he passed away a couple of decades ago), and I have several first cousins that graduated from State! Plus, Stat has a cheese making business that makes some really good cheese! Can anyone guess where my mom's family is from??

Still, as much as I would like to see State as winners, I don't pull for them against Bama. Can they beat Bama. Of course. It's that "any given Saturday" theory. However, I don't see Bama as being so beat up and "disgraced" from last week's game that they would fail to rise to the challenge of State. Of course, if we have the same refs that call completed passes that are down as fumbles, then who knows! It's always difficult to play against the other team AND the officials!! But, in the SEC, that is always a strong possibility, no matter who is playing who!

Last edited by SvilleKid; 11-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote