First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
Ok?

I gave a very clear reason why I had the opinion I did. I also explained why I can't stand Alabama, but you're right, apparently there's no point in this conversation continuing... I guess.
There rarely is a point to arguing along these lines, if Michigan was going to their 3rd BCS championship in 4 years everyone that isn't a Michigan fan would be complaining about how they don't deserve it.

Because obviously they know more than everyone who calculates the BCS standings, or it's rigged in Michigan's favor, or they only played crappy teams (Because strength of schedule isn't taken into account at all in the BCS...) or some other such nonsense that people spew when things aren't going the way they think they should go.

The BCS isn't perfect by any means, but the only real travesty I've seen out of it was the year Auburn went undefeated. Otherwise it does it's job well enough, experts and a computer pick the best teams, which is no small feat when there are so many teams and very few of the top teams play each other. A playoff system will help a little, but the whiners are going to find something to whine about, inevitably. In a couple years it will be "#2 and #4 don't deserve to be in the playoffs they only played lousy teams, #5 or #6 are much better because I personally dislike the teams that got picked."
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote