View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #531
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I doubt very seriously that people have no interest in watching another low-scoring affair. I do not doubt that YOU
do not want to, you are showing those cards, but people like seeing the best play the best, no matter the result.
1. No offense, but you have no idea what I do or don't want to do.
2. I am intelligent enough, however, to see outside my sphere and realize what your casual, hardly-ever-watch football, "fan" likes, and it ain't a low-scoring sloppy football game (which is exactly what the first game was) that's can best be described as, "been there, done that." In case you haven't realized, there is ZERO buildup to this game. Nobody's talking about it, nobody outside the South really cares all that much. That doesn't lend itself to record-setting viewership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
As for ESPN, that is certain, in fact I am thinking about how much trouble I will be in if it is not on ABC that night.
Last year, our local ABC showed the game, which if I can believe what I read, states that it was the first ESPN only
NCG in history. I know ABC and ESPN are affiliated, but we will have to see. I can also watch on the net or walk
down to the tavern. But you are correct perhaps in that the numbers won't be biggest ever, but I refuse to believe
that 80% of this "I ain't watching" BS is true. It's FOOTBALL, and great power football at that. People like to seem
principled on the net where no one knows what's true and what isn't. Plus they like to run their mouths. Believe about
10% of that BS.
You're right, a lot of what you're reporting being said is hyperbole. I'm simply stating that it's probably going to be one of the lesser viewed National Championship games in some time for a myriad of reasons.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote