View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default The Tebow Thread, lol

Everyone knows I don't like Tim Tebow, half of the reasons I have been asked not to bring up on
this board. But the other half are more or less open season. It's not that I dislike the guy, he
is a legend and a heck of a runner. I am also not buying so much the "Tebow benefits a NFL team
because everywhere he has been he was a winner." But for the most part I have stopped just
plain hating on him because he is out of college finally and seems to be having mixed but reasonable
success in the NFL where I always thought he would do OK. But today I read this article:

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/styl...-york-jets-nfl

And in it there is a pretty good summation of my thoughts on Tebow from day 1.
"This, really, is the root of my beef with Tebowmania: It has nothing to do with football,"
writes Devin Gordon. "It's a sales pitch -- a sensation built on evangelism, not ability, powered
by people who see a chance to turn the NFL into the next front of the culture war. And now
that culture war is coming to my team."

I doubt he is saying Tebow ANYTHING has nothing to do with football, but I think
it is clear that the HYPE that follows him and comes flowing from the lips of his biggest proponents
is fairly well characterized in Devin Gordon's statement. I think it is great that he is a role model
and seeming proof that people can lead a righteous life in a sick world. But I don't necessarily want
to hear about it like it's the one true path in life.

I know 80% of you disagree with me, but it was interesting to me that the guy managed to
sum up my feelings on the matter so well. As for the rest of the article and the photo, Jeezus.
All pun intended.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote