Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Lars Tetens Cigars?

I was in a local B&M this weekend purchasing a Illusione Epernay and a rep for Lars Tetens starts talking to me. I have never heard of this brand before, he goes on explaining their aging process and I half listen. He then hands me a couple sticks and says they are on the house to try out. I explain I am not interested in infused sticks and he insures me these two are not infused. I take the sticks, buy the Epernay and leave. I smoke the one Lars Teten Sunday night, wake up Monday morning sick with a sore throat. Started looking into this brand and keep seeing things like "Lars Tetens Scam Artist". I also read that Drew Estates was formed by former Lars Tetens employees.

Anybody else know anything about these cigars?
From the research I have done I really am turned off to Lars Tetens and don't really want to go back to that B&M if they carry such a known bad brand. Any thoughts? I pulled the one freebie I had left out of my humidor and may just throw it away. Is this as horrible of a brand as I am reading?

I now realize that the Illusione in the same picture may be a sin!