Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Crush

Default Going on vacation to Dominican. Never smoked cigars before.. need help

Hello,

We're leaving this weekend to go on a vacation to the Dominican Republic at an all inclusive resort. All these resorts have humidors and sell cigars.

These resorts are also VERY.. *VERY* smoker friendly (trust me people are lighting up INSIDE the airport when getting off the plane).

I am an ex cigarette smoker and have quit last year due to a unrelated health scare so I will never smoke ciggs again.

I have never smoked cigars before but can't imagine having the same vacation experience without smoking. If you've ever had Dominican coffee in the morning while smelling the tropical air while having that first morning smoke, then you know what I mean.

I know nothing about buying cigars and don't know what to buy when I'm down there. Here is how I would like to smoke:

-I would like to smoke with MORNING COFFEE! Yum! About a 30-45 min session before heading to the beach. So I guess I might have some cigar left over? Do I need a box to store it in?

-At lunch around 1pm or so, maybe light up again while drinking some diet cola. I don't like alcohol during the day.

-Around 6pm start drinking. I like champagne and beer. However, you can get anything for free at the bar so if there's something I should be drinking to compliment the cigar then please let me know. The alcohol is all Dominican labels.

-I might be smoking just casually walking around just to hold something and play with it.

Is there anything wrong with my plan? Is there something I should know? What can I expect. And what kind of cigars would you recommend I buy. They wont be able to speak English very well there so I need to know before I go down what to buy when I am there. Oh also what tools will I need. Whatever you guys recommend, I'll do. Also do you guys think I should bring cigars back? How would you recommend I buy the cigars? A package? singles?