Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
Bill86
Snob
 
Bill86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
First Name: Bill
Posts: 6,704
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I liken this show to LOST in a lot of ways. You CAN'T take away the sheer majesty and scope of the show, and it
is nicely done, but it's almost like they are suckering you in for a payoff that never comes.
Its really not as bad as
Lost was for that, but it's at least as bad as 5-6 episodes of Greene Family Farm-Walking Dead.

That said, I am two episodes behind, so I take care of that tonight.
Yeah I agree, it's a huge show of epic proportions. Which is why I don't understand the 10 episodes per season and wasting precious time with filler. They really have so little time to deal with and evolve the characters. They really need 14-18 shows per season IMHO. It just doesn't feel right sometimes, like right when it gets interesting it's over. Which is pretty much exactly what you were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
You should read the books... the show is like a vacation in that regard... they left out at least 50% of characters that have an impact in the book. Seriously, while the show has a lot, the book is crazy with it.
Yeah that's what I have been told. I might look into it. Not really a big reader though.
__________________
I'm drunk......but I'll get drunker! - Doug Stanhope
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
DBall
Cigar Jesus
 
DBall's Avatar
5
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Dan
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,783
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Yeah that's what I have been told. I might look into it. Not really a big reader though.
Audiobooks FTW! Ray Dotrice does a great job reading them... he's very engaging.
__________________
--------Dan---------
My Music | My Videos
DBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.