|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Resident Maduro Whore!!
|
Being a retired First Sergeant in the Army for 23+ years...best advice is for him to do a ton of research. Recruiters are there to do a job...put numbers in the services. Have him be a bit selective and have a list of MOS's (jobs) written down that he's researched and wants to do. Nothing worse than coming into a service to do a job that you won't enjoy. Also, make sure it is a job that has a civilian counterpart..so when his time in the service is over, he can start a second career in the civilian sector. While a lot of combat arms MOS's have a huge bonus and are a very important part of the military, life after the service is very limited with that skill set.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Not a puffer
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Still Watching My Back
|
This is very very important. Skilled traits are good and all but a job that actually requires certificates/licenses/diplomas is better. Best of luck to ya'll. Also don't listen to the recruiters civilian counterpart, they can make one up for any job. Do a little research on you own. There are many groups out there that will help you.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Still Watching My Back
|
Quote:
If I had to do it over I would go the above route. The QOL in the commissioned ranks is much much better. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Feeling at Home
|
Air Force without question. OK I'm partial,but it is the way to go as far as military branches go. I would not recomend the Guard or Reserve as I believe you either do something 100% or not at all. As Yoda said,"there is no try, only do or do not" the Guard and Reserve seam like you are uncommitted. JMHO. By the way I did finish college after my enlistment which did have me involved in Desert Storm.
__________________
No function well beer without. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Bilge Rat
|
Go Navy! Don't this sh*t look cool?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Bilge Rat
|
It lights up when you put an electric razor in a torpedo tube.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Adjusting to the Life
|
Best ten years of my life
Which ever branch he chooses, congrats and welcome to the brotherhood ![]() Don Air Force Brat Navy Vet
__________________
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - General George Patton Jr. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|