Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kindle Vs. Kindle Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Not exactly true. Or as big a pain as you might think.

I use a shareware program called Calibre to organize my ebook library of stuff I don't buy directly from Amazon. Calibre will easily convert formats to be compatible with Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Nook, Sony and a slew of other eReaders. So, the number of supported formats for an eReader is a moot point.

I use calibre to, for organization for my wifes e-ink nook... but even without it all I have to do is drag/drop onto the nook (any version) and its there.

I use it mainly to reformat comics to fit the nook color screen better.
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Actually the Kindle does have a web interface, it's crappy, but it works for certain things.
My wife has the old Kindle DX, it was like 40lbs. The kids and I have the smaller Kindles and she said she wanted one like ours, easier to hold and read in bed. I ended up getting her the Kindle Touch for Christmas.
I debated because the style we have allows for the case with the built in light to be used and the Touch doesn't. Which means she'll still have need for a reading light.
Oh, well Amazon is great about returns/exchanges so we're going with this model.

She considered the Fire but after reading the reviews decided she wouldn't like one.
I prefer the standard Kindle for reading, for me the E-ink is a better option. Outdoor use, no back lit screen to keep you up at night...(if the studies are actually true).

Last edited by MrClean; 12-09-2011 at 07:30 AM.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 AM   #23
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Bought The Kindle Fire Last Nite @ Best Buy After Looking Them All Over! Thanks For The Advice, All!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote