Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #181
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pre-order for Pete's mini monsters has begun!

has anyone smoked any of the minis yet? I figured I would sit on them and smoke my 1st one this Halloween. Any suggestions on which one I should light up 1st?
363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #182
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
has anyone smoked any of the minis yet? I figured I would sit on them and smoke my 1st one this Halloween. Any suggestions on which one I should light up 1st?
Well, I've had the Frank, Mum and Drac. I'd say the Frank.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #183
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledou View Post
I was able to pick up a box from party source. looks like they still have a couple left.
Just Talked To Them & They're Shipping Me A Box, Hopefully! Thanks For The Info!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #184
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Bob: How Long Did You Rest Them Before Smoking?
Old 06-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #185
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islayphile View Post
I got a response from 3J's today...
I told them to cancel my order
What was the response???
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #186
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Tobacco Grove has them in stock
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #187
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Bob: How Long Did You Rest Them Before Smoking?
Rest? 20 minutes ROTT.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #188
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sweet thanks Chainsaw13, I will do a frank on Halloween. Also my 100th post!
363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #189
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Box #2 from Holts came in yesterday!
big pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #190
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Rest? 20 minutes ROTT.
As Good As Regular Monster Series?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #191
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 363 View Post
Sweet thanks Chainsaw13, I will do a frank on Halloween. Also my 100th post!
Congrats!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #192
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
Box #2 from Holts came in yesterday!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #193
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
As Good As Regular Monster Series?
I thought the Frank was. It had a twang to it that I haven't found in the regular Franks. I attribute that to it's freshness. Besides that, it reminded me of the original.

I tried the Mini-Mum since it's the new kid on the block. It was a good smoke. I remember getting lots of white pepper flavor from it.

The Lil Drac to me didn't really remind me of the original. I actually like the original Drac, the way it tastes different right off the bat, no pun intended! I just didn't get it from the Lil Drac I smoked. Maybe it was a dud and the other one will be closer in flavor. We'll see.

I didn't try the Wolfie or Face yet. I'm going to let those sit. I didn't like the original Face until a year after it came out. Now they're smoking great. I'm hoping the same holds true for the Wolfman. The one I had of those was horrible.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #194
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
Tobacco Grove has them in stock
Showing Out Of Stock On The Site, Now, Brooks.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #195
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I thought the Frank was. It had a twang to it that I haven't found in the regular Franks. I attribute that to it's freshness. Besides that, it reminded me of the original.

I tried the Mini-Mum since it's the new kid on the block. It was a good smoke. I remember getting lots of white pepper flavor from it.

The Lil Drac to me didn't really remind me of the original. I actually like the original Drac, the way it tastes different right off the bat, no pun intended! I just didn't get it from the Lil Drac I smoked. Maybe it was a dud and the other one will be closer in flavor. We'll see.

I didn't try the Wolfie or Face yet. I'm going to let those sit. I didn't like the original Face until a year after it came out. Now they're smoking great. I'm hoping the same holds true for the Wolfman. The one I had of those was horrible.
Thanks, Brother! I May Rest Them All, Then.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #196
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Thanks, Brother! I May Rest Them All, Then.
My pleasure. It would be cool to see full boxes of each one. I'd buy the Frank Jr's for sure.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #197
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I had the mini Frank and I was underwhelmed. I pitched a quarter of it. I loved the original Franks. Maybe I just got a dud.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #198
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

So I was mistaken, I make two orders from 3j. The first was the Little Monsters, which have not shipped. The second was a 5er of Viaje MOAB. The MOABs got here today, I just emailed 3j and asked them for a status update.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #199
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Got an email from Tobacco Grove at 3:50 today and checked their site at 4:15 and they were sold out.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #200
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
3Js still hasn't emailed, no communication...but they damn sure charged my CC. I went and ordered a box from Holts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
What was the response???
It's their policy to charge a CC on pre-orders in order to reserve a spot, they don't have any in stock and I should be patient.

After I started laughing to myself like a looney up in Togus, I told them to cancel the order.