Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #181
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #182
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I'm a Gator fan too, but without much hope for being in the mix in 2012. At least hope we beat the Semiholes.
Happily mistaken, I am.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #183
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
WELL....this was fun.
What, your week in the top 3?
That's the SEC this year.....Looka Miss State, hell, looka Notre Dame.
Thank goodness for LSU finding their run game, or I'd be sitting there with you.
I have this eternal question with LSU last few years....why is Spencer Ware the number one back?
He has been by far their least effective back for all of the years he has been there, but for
some reason, he gets SO many carries. I guess it could be either the punishment he dishes out makes
for a better 2nd half or maybe its the respect of the team and coaches for all the time he has been there.
But it always seems like LSU struggles until they take him out. That and our QB, looks like the are REALLY
trying to hide him I had to laugh when they showed that he had been given max protect and 2 receivers
running 10 yd comebacks for x number of a 5hitload of plays. No wonder they can never find any recievers
to throw to. But again, nice lucky win for the Tigers. A&M is making some noise in their first year in the SEC.

Felt bad for the Gamecocks.... I thought Clowney was gonna really drag them kicking and screaming to the
championship game. Plus I like the USC folks.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #184
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Well, this was Missouri's best week in SEC play so far. We had a bye so we didn't lose!
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #185
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #186
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
What, your week in the top 3?

Felt bad for the Gamecocks.... I thought Clowney was gonna really drag them kicking and screaming to the
A little late for the top 3 jab, there bud. I was talking about that shitstorm of a game today. What an embarrassment. This one will take me a while to get over. I really have no problem if they actually put forth an effort, but the offense was as bad as I have ever seen them. I feel really bad for the defense corps as they were killing it in the first half.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #187
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I think that Clowney kid is going to be a beast in the NFL, at times he looked like a man among boys.

Brad, I am guessing saying you "like the USC folks" means you don't care much for us Gator folks.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #188
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

What a win for the Gators!!! We had our annual fraternity reunion and G'ville was rockin' before and after the game. The crowd in the stadium was as electric as I have seen for a LONG time. First time in a long time we had a game of that caliber in the Swamp. Lots of respect for the USC fans on game day, but Friday night was pretty slow downtown.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #189
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
What a win for the Gators!!! We had our annual fraternity reunion and G'ville was rockin' before and after the game. The crowd in the stadium was as electric as I have seen for a LONG time. First time in a long time we had a game of that caliber in the Swamp. Lots of respect for the USC fans on game day, but Friday night was pretty slow downtown.
Congrats, Brother! May Be A SEC Championship Game Between Us Coming Up!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #190
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I'm sure any Gator would want the opportunity to redeem ourselves after that 2009 debacle!!! We have a couple more games to get through though and them dang Dawgs have messed us up too many times to count.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #191
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

You don't know what a debacle IS, Brent.... (BCS NC game 2012)

Chip, it was only a soft poke...I know my pals in the Palmetto state have been waiting a very long time
for the respect they feel they are due, and being in the top 3 had to be a very heady feeling. You'll
have to excuse me if I mistook your pain the way I did. Remember it could always be worse.

Tom, how could I ever live with myself if I offended you? I have been on a truce with the UF fans for
years now. bama is my new target of wrath. UF handjobs were handed out last week. Where were you?
Michael got his.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 AM   #192
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Plenny season to go yet before we go puttin the crown on your heads 2 years in a row, Greg.
Hell, you guys will be lucky to get past LSU.....our team is SOOO weird. The talent is unmistakable.
But the way they play sometimes is just mind-boggling. I guess they need their weed or something,
because they seem to be able to will themselves to victory when they really need it, but the rest of
the time play like a bunch of drunk frat boys.

Is it a monumental task, sure, but let's wait til you guys get home from B.R. to notch the stick, hahah.
On a positive note, seems I WILL be at home in my chair to watch the tigers and bama play. It was looking
like I was going to be in Dallas working the Nascar Race. I heard through the unreliable grapevine last
week that I will not be on that trip. very nice.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #193
OLS
Suck It

The only thing keeping Florida from being ranked No. 1 is the preseason poll and the inane marriage to it even after
the season starts. As great as Alabama is, its best win is against a Michigan team that is barely hanging around
in the AP poll.............(yahoo sports)

I wouldn't go THAT far, bama is tough. But I like hearing other people say they are a lesser team compared to UF.
Then I look at Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram and continue to wonder why neither one has set the league on fire.
For a bama hater, it sure does a body good. Now if the Saints would just TRADE the nearly ineffective Ingram,
that'd be fine with me. Get some defensive player instead.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #194
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Tom, UF handjobs were handed out last week. Where were you?
Michael got his.
I'm always a day late and a handjob short, Brad.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #195
OLS
Suck It

On a related note, you know who I am proud of....Percy Harvin. Never a fan of his in college, duh,
but this year he is showing me a lot. It's obvious that he is underpaid, and by all accounts unhappy.
Duh again, he's a BLACK man in Minnesota. But look at what he did in the absence of A.P., and I have to
imagine he is playing for a contract somewhere far from Minn. But I give him credit, he is playing
ball and seems to be keeping his mouth shut. Smart man. Vikes are lucky to have him. He is
KILLING IT.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #196
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
The only thing keeping Florida from being ranked No. 1 is the preseason poll and the inane marriage to it even after
the season starts. As great as Alabama is, its best win is against a Michigan team that is barely hanging around
in the AP poll.............(yahoo sports)

I wouldn't go THAT far, bama is tough. But I like hearing other people say they are a lesser team compared to UF.
Then I look at Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram and continue to wonder why neither one has set the league on fire.
For a bama hater, it sure does a body good. Now if the Saints would just TRADE the nearly ineffective Ingram,
that'd be fine with me. Get some defensive player instead.
Let me begin by saying I personally do not like to be ranked #1, target's on your back and nowhere to go but down. So I'm glad Florida is #2 but I think if you look at the quality of wins as it is now Florida has the best resume in the country to be #1 this week. The meat of Bama's schedule is still to come (Miss. State, LSU, A&M, Auburn). Am I saying we are better than Bama? I don't know if we are but they get the benefit of the doubt as the better team. I just think in pure resume at this point in the season Florida should be #1 but I'm glad we're not

Make sense?

Good article to my point:
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/201...es-the-gators/
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #197
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
Am I saying we are better than Bama? I don't know if we are but they get the benefit of the doubt as the better team.
Nothing would please me more.

I heard another Saban rumor yesterday, this time to Cleveland.
GO, GO, GO, GO, GO....
Ain't no way, but a man can dream.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #198
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Still bummed about missing the HJ.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #199
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Still bummed about missing the HJ.
Word is we'll get a reach a round if we beat Georgia
Old 10-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #200
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Agree That BAMA Has A Tough Schedule Ahead, My Friends. They Seem To Play To The Level Of Their Competition, But I Think They Can Compete With Any Team In The Country. We Shall See.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote