Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #2021
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

3:07 minutes left until we can watch Cindy cry
Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #2022
Gelly
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Erik
Trading: (1)
Cohiba
Gelly is on a distinguished road

Wow! Nice work HABS!!! I was hoping for it, but man it certainly was unexpected!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #2023
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Holy crap!!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #2024
stevefrench
Green Bastard

First Name: Albert
Trading: (21)
Montecristo
stevefrench has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
I'm loving it
Me too!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #2025
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I'm torn now. Root for the Habs and take some consolation in the Pens losing to the eventual cup winner or just say screw it and root for the Hawks.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #2026
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I'm torn now. Root for the Habs and take some consolation in the Pens losing to the eventual cup winner or just say screw it and root for the Hawks.
Flyers force a game 7. B's better find their heart and fast.

The Habs win the cup? Sorry looking at both the Hawks and Sharks I see 2 teams that are deeper bigger and stronger. I am fairly certain the West will win the cup. That said though maybe not if the Sharks and Hawks try to kill each other like some are predicting the winner may limp into the cup games with some wounds and be easy pickings.

I am loving the Flyers I need to go back to the begining of the thread where I picked them comming out of the East and quote it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #2027
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I've come down with a bug of some kind, but I haven't felt better all day than now! Game 7 Friday...who would have thunk it?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #2028
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
OOO and yeah Tom the road from the East just may be through Penn this year. Pitt and Phily look like they are the ones. Well if Emery holds up strong.
I am just saying back in October I was thinking Philly could do it. So I could and did thunk it. Was really suprised to see the Pens go down. I like the mix of players on Philly as to a cup run. Their issue will be goaltending. I dont see Boucher as a cup goalie, but you never know
Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #2029
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Congrats to the Habs and the B's need a kick in the ass! I would love for the B's to play the Habs in the Eastern conference finals.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 AM   #2030
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

This is the worst time for teh B's to hit a scoring Drought like they have been doing all year.
At least tehy put one in the net this game. They may not have won but what they did do is at least put up a halfway decent game last night. Not great but they showed up to play.

Friday Night
Old 05-13-2010, 05:09 AM   #2031
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
I am just saying back in October I was thinking Philly could do it. So I could and did thunk it. Was really suprised to see the Pens go down. I like the mix of players on Philly as to a cup run. Their issue will be goaltending. I dont see Boucher as a cup goalie, but you never know
Back in October I thought so too, and, like you, I couldn't see Boucher carrying the team to the cup either...of course that will fall on Leighton's shoulders now that Boucher's out for a month. You obviously always hate to see someone get injured, but I think Leighton getting to play may be a blessing for the Flyers. I think he's the better goalie of the two.

I'm stoked by the heart the Flyers are showing. They seem to play their best when their backs are against the wall... but when they went down 3-0, a lot of Flyer fans around here were giving up hope. Truthfully, I wasn't one of them, as a few guys I was watching the beginning of the game with last Friday could attest.

Bring on game 7!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #2032
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Never know they could be the third team ever and put them in rare company. I like there chances against the Habs if they do it also. They are going to beat on them a lot. Nice thing is it will make the winners of both the East and West on even ground as the west series is going to be very physical. Also the Flyers would stack up better agains the west then the Habs. They are big like the 2 western teams.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #2033
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

The National Hockey League today announced that the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Western Conference Final, featuring the San Jose Sharks vs. the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Eastern Conference Final, featuring the Montreal Canadiens vs. the winner of the Boston Bruins-Philadelphia Flyers Conference Semifinal series, will begin Sunday, May 16.

The Sharks will host the Blackhawks at 3 p.m., ET in Game #1 of the Western Conference Final on Sunday. The game will be televised exclusively on NBC in the U.S. and TSN and RDS in Canada.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #2034
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The National Hockey League today announced that the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Western Conference Final, featuring the San Jose Sharks vs. the Chicago Blackhawks, and the Eastern Conference Final, featuring the Montreal Canadiens vs. the winner of the Boston Bruins-Philadelphia Flyers Conference Semifinal series, will begin Sunday, May 16.

The Sharks will host the Blackhawks at 3 p.m., ET in Game #1 of the Western Conference Final on Sunday. The game will be televised exclusively on NBC in the U.S. and TSN and RDS in Canada.
continued...

Meanwhile, either the Bruins or the Flyers will host the Canadiens Sunday at 7 p.m., ET. That game will be televised exclusively by VERSUS in the U.S. and by CBC and RDS in Canada. Every playoff game also can be heard on Sirius XM Satellite Radio.

Talk about a Western bias!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #2035
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

well it is the two best teams remaining after all.
I think the league knows the winner of the west is going all the way baby. That's right I said it.
Sorry you got the #1 and #2 seed from the admitted stronger conference going up against either the 6th or 8th seed. amost analysis admitted the west as a whole was the stronger conference. Combine that with the 1 playing the 2 and the size and skill of both teams and it is unlikely the Easts teams will win. To me the Easts best chance is the flyers. I think the Habs will literaly be beaten into submission by either Western team, the B's are to hot and cold to win, the Flyers are the only team remaining that could take and return the big physical style the west will bring.

That said I think the Hawks will take the west. With big fuglyin playing the holmstrom role combined with the skill and physicality of the team and I think over 7 the Hawks will win. Maybe less if sluefoots are involved.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #2036
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Talk about a Western bias!
Quote:
well it is the two best teams remaining after all. .
There you have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody
That said I think the Hawks will take the west. With big fuglyin playing the holmstrom role combined with the skill and physicality of the team and I think over 7 the Hawks will win. Maybe less if sluefoots are involved.
You just want to stave off disappointment, Mike...Sharks will make a series of it, I have little doubt. The Hawks have to pick one line to put their best checking line (Bolland's line) on....I think Q will put them on Big Joe's line as Marleau and Heatley, though not as hot as Joe P., are what he considers the biggest threat. That leave Toews line checking Pavelski and Co., and that might not bode well to have the Hawks best scoring line checking against SJ's hottest line, at least for the Hawks' offense.

I just hope Byfuglien can get in Nabokov's head the way he got into Luongo and the Canucks' fan's heads. Might not be as easy with bruisers like Murray, Blake and Wallin on the Shark blueline. But I can still hope.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #2037
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
There you have it!

You just want to stave off disappointment, Mike...Sharks will make a series of it, I have little doubt. The Hawks have to pick one line to put their best checking line (Bolland's line) on....I think Q will put them on Big Joe's line as Marleau and Heatley, though not as hot as Joe P., are what he considers the biggest threat. That leave Toews line checking Pavelski and Co., and that might not bode well to have the Hawks best scoring line checking against SJ's hottest line, at least for the Hawks' offense.

I just hope Byfuglien can get in Nabokov's head the way he got into Luongo and the Canucks' fan's heads. Might not be as easy with bruisers like Murray, Blake and Wallin on the Shark blueline. But I can still hope.
like I always say I am a Sharks fan, but a hockey fan first. I don't look at any series with homer glasses. To me you have 2 big strong skilled teams with shaky goalies at times.

with all that the Hawks to me just seem to have more grinders and Byfugly I think will be a huge factor in this one if he keeps his head. Nabby is not the headcase that luongo is though, make no mistake. I have watched him his whole time here he won't react like the stache. I just think over 7 the Hawks will get it done. That is provided that both big joe and little joes lines don't get hot. If that happens I see the Hawks getting into penalty trouble.

[IMG]

Last edited by icehog3; 05-13-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #2038
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

crap. Phone post fail
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #2039
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
like I always say I am a Sharks fan, but a hockey fan first. I don't look at any series with homer glasses. To me you have 2 big strong skilled teams with shaky goalies at times.

with all that the Hawks to me just seem to have more grinders and Byfugly I think will be a huge factor in this one if he keeps his head. Nabby is not the headcase that luongo is though, make no mistake. I have watched him his whole time here he won't react like the stache. I just think over 7 the Hawks will get it done. That is provided that both big joe and little joes lines don't get hot. If that happens I see the Hawks getting into penalty trouble.

[IMG]
Nabokov has matured a lot over the last couple years...Definitely more of a "team first" guy now.

If both Joe lines are hot, Hossa and Sharp will have to pick it up and not leave the Toews/Kane/Buff line to do the scoring.

I think the Hawks won;t take "stupid" penalties, but may be forced to do some hooking and tripping if the Joe lines start skating circles around the Hawks.

I still think it will be a series, but I think if the Hawks keep playing the brand of road hockey they did the first two rounds, they will make it to the SCF.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #2040
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Heatley is a traitor... down with the sharks! (sorry, Senators fan bias)

Go Hawks!!!