Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #241
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
I feel for you Andy...been there, done that. I'm looking to get my system and---up and running in the next month or 2.
We could make our own "Special Education Squad"---S.E.S. for specially challenged players.

Does this look like a good deal? Here

Thanks for any advice.
PS3 here myself, but if you go with the XBox 360, you're gonna want to get something bigger than 4GB. I'd either spend the extra money and get the 250 GB, or you can get the 160GB PS3 for about the same price as the 4GB XBox 360.
If you buy the 4 GB, you're gonna spend a lot of money buying memory cards for it.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #242
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
There needs to be lobbies for crappy players only, such as myself. I'm tired of getting my @ss handed to me by guys who are on there third prestige and up. I've improved my KDR from .13 to .21 over the last few days, but I still suck. I get so mad, but it's too addictive to put down.
High prestige just means they play enough to get a lot of points. You can always check the lobby KD/Win ratios (Barraks, Leaderboards, *insert type*, filter, group-lobby members) so you can back out if it really bothers you.

Quote:
PS3 here myself, but if you go with the XBox 360, you're gonna want to get something bigger than 4GB. I'd either spend the extra money and get the 250 GB, or you can get the 160GB PS3 for about the same price as the 4GB XBox 360.
If you buy the 4 GB, you're gonna spend a lot of money buying memory cards for it.
I have the original FAT 60GB PS3 and is doing just fine. If you go XBox then definitely get more than 4GB. I'm just saying good luck with it, out of everyone I know only 1 person hasn't had to replace their XBox at least once (maybe people on the boards have better luck). The ps3 is just too useful.
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #243
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

I have both the xbox and ps3.. Heres my 0.02...

The xbox is my favorite gaming console. For those nights of playing hours on end, the controller has amazing ergonomics. The player base on the xbox far out weighs that of the PS3. The xbox in my opinion is a better GAMING console.

The PS3 serves as my media hub. Like ucubed said, it is the only console that can stream in at 1080 (but the NEW xbox has that capability as well) With my setup- old xbox new PS3, the PS3 has better graphics. So from a streaming media standpoint, the PS3 is the better console..

You just have to weigh your options, what are you looking for? A media hub with gaming, or a gaming console with media?

Xbox Gamertag: Ixx iClutch xxI if anyone wants to play.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #244
ucubed
Corona Cigars

ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
I have both the xbox and ps3.. Heres my 0.02...

The xbox is my favorite gaming console. For those nights of playing hours on end, the controller has amazing ergonomics. The player base on the xbox far out weighs that of the PS3. The xbox in my opinion is a better GAMING console.

The PS3 serves as my media hub. Like ucubed said, it is the only console that can stream in at 1080 (but the NEW xbox has that capability as well) With my setup- old xbox new PS3, the PS3 has better graphics. So from a streaming media standpoint, the PS3 is the better console..

You just have to weigh your options, what are you looking for? A media hub with gaming, or a gaming console with media?

Xbox Gamertag: Ixx iClutch xxI if anyone wants to play.
I never liked the bulky XBox controllers...

Last edited by ucubed; 01-16-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #245
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough

After 24+ hours of playing, I think I am finally getting the hang of this. I still suck, but not as bad.

I now know what perks I want to use and have two favorite guns for small and larger maps. I am almost to level 31 on my sniper rifle.

I am definitely better at some maps, whereas for others i suck big time.

I don't run around as much as other guys. I did have my best game ever this morning going 9-1 on Dome. This map is a snipers paradise.

My kdr is still way below 1, but I am getting more competitive and am just happy to have games where my kdr = 1.

This game is addicting.

I go by calfusion on xbox if anyone wants to play sometime.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #246
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
High prestige just means they play enough to get a lot of points. You can always check the lobby KD/Win ratios (Barraks, Leaderboards, *insert type*, filter, group-lobby members) so you can back out if it really bothers you.

I have the original FAT 60GB PS3 and is doing just fine. If you go XBox then definitely get more than 4GB. I'm just saying good luck with it, out of everyone I know only 1 person hasn't had to replace their XBox at least once (maybe people on the boards have better luck). The ps3 is just too useful.
I do that frequently. I find that later in the evening, the easier the lobbies get and I back out less frequently. I tend to back out of lobbies that have a bunch of players with a 2+ KDR.

Agreed. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, so I don't have a dog in the XBOX vs. PS fight, (although I have all three Playstations and never owned an XBOX) but 4GB is just not enough space for saves and downloads on a console. If you do decide to go with the XBOX over the PS3, make sure you get one with more storage.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #247
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#2 View Post
After 24+ hours of playing, I think I am finally getting the hang of this. I still suck, but not as bad.

I now know what perks I want to use and have two favorite guns for small and larger maps. I am almost to level 31 on my sniper rifle.

I am definitely better at some maps, whereas for others i suck big time.

I don't run around as much as other guys. I did have my best game ever this morning going 9-1 on Dome. This map is a snipers paradise.

My kdr is still way below 1, but I am getting more competitive and am just happy to have games where my kdr = 1.

This game is addicting.

I go by calfusion on xbox if anyone wants to play sometime.
I'm terrible on the Dome map. Dome and Carbon are the two maps that I absolutely HATE.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #248
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
I'm terrible on the Dome map. Dome and Carbon are the two maps that I absolutely HATE.
I Like both of those maps. Got a 80-22 with a third round in demolition for Dome last time I played.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #249
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Cohiba

Quote:

Dome is really good for camping. You can often align yourself with the openings where the other team has to come out and just sit there and fire.

My favorite maps - these are all good for snipers
Dome
Village
Interchange - sometimes I use an assault rifle instead
Underground
Mission
Bakaara

Maps that are growing on me - I typically use an assault rifle on these (G36C)
Arkaden
Bootleg
Fallen

Not a huge fan of these maps:
Lockdown
Seatown - I either have really good or really bad games
Resistance

Least Favorite as I suck on these
Hardhat
Outpost
Carbon
Old 01-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #250
ucubed
Corona Cigars

Least favorite is underground... I don't mind the rest
Old 01-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #251
ucubed
Corona Cigars

I lied it's downturn that I don't like!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #252
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
I lied it's downturn that I don't like!
A lot of people complain about this one or at least that is what i have seen on some COD MW3 forums.

I forgot to add that one to my list, not the worst, but not a huge fan either.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #253
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick View Post
I feel for you Andy...been there, done that. I'm looking to get my system and---up and running in the next month or 2.
We could make our own "Special Education Squad"---S.E.S. for specially challenged players.

Does this look like a good deal? Here

Thanks for any advice.
If you do get an Xbox, you can run with me and Andrew when he is able. I think 357 is my friend now too.

Alot of people are bashing dome, and I understand why but that map is great for run'n'gun style. Yesterday on a game of Team Tactical TDM I went 44-10 and never stopped moving, it was fun because run'n'gun is not my typical play style.
I don't know why but COD Elite doesn't seem to show your kills if they where in the kill cam. It shows 42 but it was actually 44 (Double kill in the kill cam wasn't counted on Eilte).

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 01-17-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #254
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I hate Outpost and Downturn. My favorite is Lockdown. When I play that map, I usually always have a 2:1 K ratio.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #255
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
If you do get an Xbox, you can run with me and Andrew when he is able. I think 357 is my friend now too.

Alot of people are bashing dome, and I understand why but that map is great for run'n'gun style. Yesterday on a game of Team Tactical TDM I went 44-10 and never stopped moving, it was fun because run'n'gun is not my typical play style.
I don't know why but COD Elite doesn't seem to show your kills if they where in the kill cam. It shows 42 but it was actually 44 (Double kill in the kill cam wasn't counted on Eilte).
Yep, I added a bunch of CA inmates as Xbox Live friends. MY Live ID is M3a5g7. It's blend of 357 Mag as I couldn't find any other derivative of 357 that wasn't taken.

I jumped into a couple games you were in. I remember you killing me a few times. I still suck. I'm such a run-n-gunner. I'm trying to learn. I had one of my best nights a couple days ago.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #256
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Yep, I added a bunch of CA inmates as Xbox Live friends. MY Live ID is M3a5g7. It's blend of 357 Mag as I couldn't find any other derivative of 357 that wasn't taken.

I jumped into a couple games you were in. I remember you killing me a few times. I still suck. I'm such a run-n-gunner. I'm trying to learn. I had one of my best nights a couple days ago.
I didn't even notice. I can't really focus on things like enemy names while playing. I played a game the other night against Andrew and didn't realize it was him until the very last kill.
Like I always say, it's not about how good of a player you are, it's about how good of a team player you are that matters.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #257
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I didn't even notice. I can't really focus on things like enemy names while playing. I played a game the other night against Andrew and didn't realize it was him until the very last kill.
Like I always say, it's not about how good of a player you are, it's about how good of a team player you are that matters.
Way to bash me On a side note it's Saturday and I'll be on sometime after 9pm when my son and parents head to bed. Get a little trigger time and hopefully on the same team so you down own me

I did jump in one the other day and went 5-1 before the match ended. So I'm slightly improving. I seem to do better when I take things slower and don't just rush in and get shot.

Best advice...be a team, move as a team, shoot as a team and win as a team. Run and gun as a team is also +
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #258
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Partied too hard last night so I'll be staying home and chilling this evening. I'll be on tonight around 7pm AZ time with my nephew if anyone wants to get a game or two in.

PS3 - Lascivious777
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #259
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Wish you where on Xbox!

Andrew, might see you on tonight. Got a few inches of snow here so I think I'm staying in tonight.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #260
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
Partied too hard last night so I'll be staying home and chilling this evening. I'll be on tonight around 7pm AZ time with my nephew if anyone wants to get a game or two in.

PS3 - Lascivious777
ill add you.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote