Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
mclaus2

Default Re: Padron Family Reseve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Thanks to this thread, called my old acquaintances at Padron.
They cannot keep this cigar in stock since having introduced it at the show.
They are trickling in a couple of boxes here and there and leave the moment they come in.
They come in boxes of 10.
Was told I may get lucky in the next week or two and have one dropped shipped to me.
Will cross my fingers and wait patiently.
I will always cherish my account with them and a member since 1992.
Try contacting the Freeport Trading Company in Freeport Maine, they had a few left on Saturday and I'm sure they would be willing to ship to you (if they have any left).

Note: This is not a shameless plug, It's my preferred cigar shop. No affiliation with my website.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #22
catfish2

Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

I read a few review on these cigars, these are also called the "hammer." There is a picture of a hammer on the band. These cigars are suppose to be very spicy. I will have to get my hands on a few of these.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #24
Flat4boxer
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (4)
Montecristo Army (Retired)
Flat4boxer will become famous soon enough

I bought two, tried one. The other will sit in the humidor for a year or longer before it smoke it.

It was alright but for my money, there are other Padron products that I'd buy first.

YMMV
Old 10-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
mclaus2

I'm smoking this cigar as I write this and it has yet to disappointed. The very first puff I noted some very complex spicy flavors (I love spice in a cigar). I'm not through the 1st quarter yet, so my expectations have just kicked up a notch.

Ah, some of that spice just gave away to a nice warm nutty flavor. I'm finding it a little difficult to put down.

That's it for this post now, I will write another post after I've finished with this cigar.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #26
mclaus2

Just finished and I throughly enjoyed this cigar. It burned evenly and consistently and the flavors were very nice. The nutty flavor I mentioned earlier gave away to nice peppery taste with creamy espresso (or mocha) aftertaste.

I found the ash to be a little loose the fall off without warning, so watch out for that.

In summary, I consider this to be an expensive cigar (at $26) but consider it a must try. It certainly a great choice for that special occasion. In the end I rate it 94.

Warning: Shameless Plug:

You can read my full review on my website