Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #421
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Again, I don't agree. Teams in the same conference play to find a winner, if they cannot win, they should not get a shot to play for a national championship. Assuming Okie Lite & LSU both win, that is the game I would want....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #422
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Again, I don't agree. Teams in the same conference play to find a winner, if they cannot win, they should not get a shot to play for a national championship. Assuming Okie Lite & LSU both win, that is the game I would want....
If That Were The Existing Rules, No Problem. Okie State Would Get Mauled By LSU.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #423
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It's cart and horse time yet, LSU WILL win this football game, mark it down.
But WOW, this is what UGA was touted to be in the pre-season. I couldn't
believe what happened over the first two games. I also can't believe LSU
has yet to make a first down...WAIT, might we get one on a RTK penalty??
Haha, nope.

This UGA defense is doing what bama couldn't do...impressive...VERY impressive.

Let's see if a girl wins the Tuition Throw....oops, it's a LOCK. Remember last
year that girl whipped that dude's a$$?
NO FAIR, a girl was forced to throw at a DP10 can, everybody knows "it's not for ladies."

Last edited by OLS; 12-03-2011 at 04:03 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #424
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
It's cart and horse time yet, LSU WILL win this football game, mark it down.
But WOW, this is what UGA was touted to be in the pre-season. I couldn't
believe what happened over the first two games. I also can't believe LSU
has yet to make a first down...WAIT, might we get one on a RTK penalty??
haha, nope.

This UGA defense is doing what bama couldn't do...impressive...VERY impressive.
I Agree, Brad. I Don't Think Georgia Can Keep This Up, Though. I'm Ready For A BAMA-LSU Rematch! Think Saban Is Watching This Game?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #425
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Zero first half first downs for LSU...UGA should get a prize just for that, first time it has happened to any SEC team this season.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #426
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Zero first half first downs for LSU...UGA should get a prize just for that, first time it has happened to any SEC team this season.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #427
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am not so sure Greg. I DO think LSU has a much deeper defense, Gary Danielson touched
on it...He said they rotate between 11 and 20 players through the defense in a typical game.
That should lead to the traditional LSU Wear-em-down, but man oh man, what an effort thus far!
2 thumbs up to the Dawgs.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #428
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Sadly I think that stat is "in History" Tom, lol.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #429
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Sadly I think that stat is "in History" Tom, lol.
Really? I would be shocked.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #430
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
If That Were The Existing Rules, No Problem. Okie State Would Get Mauled By LSU.
Remember Greg, it is what I want to see happen. I want LUS to lose and then play Bama in the BCS Championship game.... I have no horse in the race, thus the joke of that would make my season....

As far as what would happen with Okie Lite and LSU, that is why they play the game.... If we could just assume the winners, we wouldn't even have to have a season.

Bet you thought Bama was going to maul the Utes in the Sugar a few years ago, right?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #431
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Remember Greg, it is what I want to see happen. I want LUS to lose and then play Bama in the BCS Championship game.... I have no horse in the race, thus the joke of that would make my season....

As far as what would happen with Okie Lite and LSU, that is why they play the game.... If we could just assume the winners, we wouldn't even have to have a season.

Bet you thought Bama was going to maul the Utes in the Sugar a few years ago, right?
You Would Bring That Up! Any Given Day, Any Team Can Win. I Still Feel LSU & BAMA Are The Two Best Teams "This Year" And Most Experts Agree.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #432
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Wow, Brad, sorry for doubting you. Unreal.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #433
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Really? I would be shocked.
ah, I guess with the teams that are near the bottom of the SEC, perennially it seems, I guess
you are right. Not sure what I heard him say anyway. But I thought the possibilty was hilarious.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #434
OLS
Suck It

I m glad Gary Danielson said it, and I wish Les Miles had taken a little bit of Tracy's time to say it,
This team could NOT be there without the stout play of Jarrett Lee from the first game through the
return of Jordan Jefferson. I feel very embarassed that Les Miles did not put him in the game while
it was still in doubt, to reward him for his valor and character. If he throws a pick, or does not perform,
so what, you have the best team on the field, and arguably in the USA, give the man his due. Not to
say you put him in because Jefferson was struggling, but to say, "hey this is how we got here, and I think
you have earned a few series. That kid was clearly disappointed, if not pi$$ed, it was clear.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #435
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to LSU... I am looking forward to seeing the rematch and I could care less who wins. I think it will be a great game to watch as an SEC fan though.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #436
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Congrats to LSU... I am looking forward to seeing the rematch and I could care less who wins. I think it will be a great game to watch as an SEC fan though.
Except I Hope BAMA Wins The Rematch! Did I Hear Danielson Say If BAMA Wins This One, BAMA & LSU Should Be Declared Co-Champs Since LSU Won The Reg. Season & They Would Be 1-1 Against Each Other???
Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #437
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Did I Hear Danielson Say If BAMA Wins This One, BAMA & LSU Should Be Declared Co-Champs Since LSU Won The Reg. Season & They Would Be 1-1 Against Each Other???
I tend to agree. The first game was basically a push. I have little doubt that game two will be
so as well. I obviously would not want to see it split, because of the factor of the PLACE that
bama lost, but OT losses are not a good way to get a fair LOSS, and hardly a great way to take
a fair WIN. I am not sure how else you could play overtime that would be timely or fair, but
I feel like LSU and bama are very obviously the two best teams in the USA. I can't see any way,
outside of repeated battles until one team can't field 22 players anymore, that you can call
one the ultimate champion of 2011. But a 1-1 split, without a third game, or a "most first downs"
or "best fans" or letting an actual elephant square off against a Tiger in a steel cage match,
is not a good ending, in my opinion. Thank god we will beat bama twice.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #438
OLS
Suck It

And don't get me wrong, all of you know, I do not think bama DESERVES to be in that game, they lost at home
to the number one team in the country at that time. But the other teams that had a shining moment, a chance
at greatness, all proved to be fallible, not up to the task. Hell, I would have rathered see Houston Cougars in the
champ game because they had beaten everyone they had faced, and then they lost to my alma mater.
Go Eagles Go!! Fine job...FINE job!

Me thinking LSU and alabama are the two best teams in the country leaves ample room however to feel
that they should not be allowed into that game, but it is clear that they WILL BE, so I understand and
accept it. It is not unfair at all given the data. I just wish some other teams would have shown some
spine and played ball, lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #439
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
It is not unfair at all given the data. I just wish some other teams would have shown some
spine and played ball, lol.
Tale of the tape Alabama vs Oklahoma State

Conference Champion No - Yes

Wins vs Ranked Opponents 4 - 4

Wins vs Top 10 0 - 2

Both have a loss, both in OT, one at home, one on the road. One lost to a great team, the other to a mediocre team. I will not go into the circumstances prior to the OSU loss. Though I do believe it had baring.

In the current BCS top 25 - OSU has beat Missouri(25), Texas(22), Baylor(17), Kansas State(11) and Oklahoma(10).

In the current BCS top 25 - Alabama has beat Arkansas(8) and Penn State(21)

Alabama had a shot, at home, to beat the opponent we are discussing and lost. The game was fair, they just didn't get the job done. Give someone else a shot.

Conference ratings -

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagar...terstitialskip

Again, no dog in this hunt, just putting out what I believe to be "fair." All this talk about the best 2 teams in the country is crap. That is assumption, games are not won and lost, by who people think are the best, they are won and lost on the field. Alabama had their shot at this LSU team(who I personally don't think can be beat by anyone we are talking about), so give the team that earned their shot a try.

IMO, best game would be USC vs LSU.....
Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #440
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Congrats LSU.

Ready to watch the rematch